Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu tachometer for an 8 cylinder Indmar engine.

phataz5

Hi guys

Could any one please tell me if these tachometers on ebay are any good?...And can they be used on my 95 response which has a 5.7 mercruiser? they say there for a indmar..I live in new zealand and was just in the usa about two weeks ago where i bought my first malibu and now its on its way home ,NICE.

all so looking for a heater and shower for my boat too please, and any other bits for a 95? many thanks sonny

almost any tacho works with almost any engine as they just get a simple 12v pulse from the distributer or computer

The 5" medallion Tachs will not work on the older boats. There is one Malibu branded medallion tach on ebay right now that will only work from 1999 and up. In 98 they had a 3.5" medallion tach also. The medallion gauges have a 4 wire plug that uses a data bus, so you have to have the gauge computer to make them work. Your boat probably has a 3.5" tach, any marine tach should work in it's place.

A friend of my is changing out his gauges in his 94 echelon (Removing the Computron). All his replecement gauges will be teleflex and then an airguide speedo.

The 5" medallion Tachs will not work on the older boats. There is one Malibu branded medallion tach on ebay right now that will only work from 1999 and up. In 98 they had a 3.5" medallion tach also. The medallion gauges have a 4 wire plug that uses a data bus, so you have to have the gauge computer to make them work. Your boat probably has a 3.5" tach, any marine tach should work in it's place.

A friend of my is changing out his gauges in his 94 echelon (Removing the Computron). All his replecement gauges will be teleflex and then an airguide speedo.

Hi thanks for that but still not sure this is what it says on ebay

Please visit greatlakesskipper for thousands of marine items, including many more boat gauges! We are selling a new Malibu tachometer for an 8 cylinder Indmar engine. Manufactured by Borg Warner, it has a part number of 6702-07006-01. This 6000 RPM illuminated tach features a black face, white numerals and illuminated red needle, and uses an app 4 3/8" cutout. This tach features a digital hour meter, and uses the Yamaha 5-pin connector for hookup. We believe this is a pretty universal tach for V-8's, but please check with a dealer to see if it will work for your specific application. If you have any more questions, please visit our website, or call us at 414-431-6601. #EB16702-07006-01 boat tachometers boat gauges

please take a look its under boat parts on ebay, just lokk under malibu

almost any tacho works with almost any engine as they just get a simple 12v pulse from the distributer or computer
hi uk ,how are you nice to see you on here too.....boats on its way....

The guy on ebay is wrong. The tach is a 5" medallion. It will only work with the Medallion gauge computer. This particular tach is from a 1999 - 2001 malibu.

Here is the medallion website.

http://www.medallionis.com/products/produc...mp;type=display

Here is an article that explains how they work.

http://www.epicmarine.com/docs/Digital_Instrument_Guide.pdf

Malibu started using the Medallion gauge system around 1998. In 98 they had 3.5" Gauges for speedo and Tach and the 2" gauges for temp, battery, fuel etc. In 99 they started using the three 5" gauges.

When it arrives just go see any auto sparkie in Hamilton. They will sort you out with an ok gauge. Driving a tacho is simple stuff

What does your friend want to do with the Computron, do you know if it still works? Where did he find the Airguide speedo, as you probably know, Airguide is history as a company, but the speedo's are sure nice for slalom skiing. I redid the dash on my Echelon since the boat is still in great shape, but it never had the computron dash unit, but has all the wiring, etc..

What does your friend want to do with the Computron, do you know if it still works? Where did he find the Airguide speedo, as you probably know, Airguide is history as a company, but the speedo's are sure nice for slalom skiing. I redid the dash on my Echelon since the boat is still in great shape, but it never had the computron dash unit, but has all the wiring, etc..

My buddy plans to put the computron up under the dash so he can still use it for engine hours. As with many computrons of the time his depth gauge is not working. He has rounded up a set of white faced teleflex gauges and happend to find a new white faced airguide speedo on ebay. As for his two black Airguides he is going to keep them in the event he wants to put the dash back to stock. He was planning on keeping one speedo and putting in cruise control in for the other speedo.