Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

stained seats

i left the swim step on the seat with the rubber down and it left a yellow stain does any one know of a way to get this off

:( Bummer. That would be from the petroleum used to make the rubber. The only thing that I know of that will take that out will be sun fade.
:( Bummer. That would be from the petroleum used to make the rubber. The only thing that I know of that will take that out will be sun fade.

Yeah, I don't think even the mighty Magic Eraser will take that out.

I just ordered a set of Vdrive bags from Wakeside and unbe-knownst to me, it had a small rust spot on 2 different bags. NOW my 100% perfect interior has 2 small rust/brown/red stains that will NOT come out. Have tried 303 cleaner, Babes Seat Soap and Magic Eraser. Cry.gif

Yeah, I don't think even the mighty Magic Eraser will take that out.

Be Patient...A lot of these types of stains will go away with exposure to the sun. REALLY! Don't wear the seat out trying to scrub it off or make the stain worse putting all sorts of chemicals on it. If it doesn't start to go away after being in the sun for several outings, then start getting serious with the hard stuff. I've seen most stains go away except Toe Nail polish.

NOW my 100% perfect interior has 2 small rust/brown/red stains that will NOT come out. Have tried 303 cleaner, Babes Seat Soap and Magic Eraser. Cry.gif
Can not vouch for the effect on vinyl so give it some thought, but you may want to pour a bit of Pepsi® on the rust stain, let it sit for a minute or two, then wipe/rinse with water.

Ronnie,

I know you will find this hard to believe, but Patience is NOT my strong suit! ROFL.gif

Thanks for the advice! I am still pissed that my brand new Vdrive bags from Wakeside had something on them. Guess I should have check them before slapping them on the seats. Crazy.gif

Am going to adopt the practice of laying a clean/dry towel over the seats prior to ANY bag being filled. Little OCD, but sure don't want that crap to happen again to my cream puff.

Be Patient...A lot of these types of stains will go away with exposure to the sun. REALLY! Don't wear the seat out trying to scrub it off or make the stain
Am going to adopt the practice of laying a clean/dry towel over the seats prior to ANY bag being filled. Little OCD, but sure don't want that crap to happen again to my cream puff.

Be careful with the towel too. We set a towel on the back deck to dry, the next thing I know the color has bled into the white vinyl and I have some goofy orange pattern on my vinyl.

The good news is that I got quite a bit of it out with fantasic, the rest have faded in the sun

i left the swim step on the seat with the rubber down and it left a yellow stain does any one know of a way to get this off

Bonham, this happened to us with our '03 VLX when we had it in storage. Thankfully it was our service center that placed the swimdeck on the seats and not us. Just as an FYI, the sun did NOT fade this type of stain...we had hoped it would. We had our boat all season out in the sun; when it did not fade from the sun, the service center replaced the skins.

We used: magic eraser, diluted soft scrub...seat soap...none of these methods worked or bleached the vinyl. We waited until end of the season to deal with it...just did not want to lose our boat.

After reading a few of the responses I will add the following:

Magic Eraser will take out many spots, but not all. some it will just reduce by 50% or so. Someone placed a can of Tuff Stuff on one of my seats over MMD weekend. The can had rust on the bottom so I got a nice stain. I used Magic Eraser, it got about 50%. The sun over a do or so, got the rest.

A couple of seasons ago, one of the girls in my boat was wearing one of those bikini wraps. It left a colored stain as well. We tried to clean it and it didn't fade. But in just a couple of days, the sun bleached it out as well. This also happened to a pair of Billabong shorts I had. They were red and the material was like parachute nylon. Who would have thought it would bleed, especially since they were over a year old. Well, one day we were out I had jsut gotten done boarding and jumped in the driver seat soaking wet. I pulled some peeps, etc.. Later in the day I was looking down at the driver seat and it looked pink. I was PO'd. We brought it back in and (Magic Eraser wasn't available then) cleaned best we could. I was already thinking how I would hae toget the seat replaced. Wel guess what, after a couple of days in the sun, it was completely gone.

Just be patient. Pull the boat out, take the bimini down and let the sun hit it for a few hours, you will be amazed.

BTW, Given the above, this is how the "White Towel's Only Rule" was born. :)

Thanks for the valuable input as well! That is scary b/c I have a pair of red/white/black billabong boardshorts!@#$! I am going to at LEAST go to Walmart and get some WHITE cotton towels and lay on the seats (esp. under fat sacs) and may do the same to the driver's seat just to be safe.

Rockon.gif

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

Last some on one of those 100+ degree days I had all the kids on the boat and we went to the falls for lunch and to swim. well after lunch my daugther left a plastic shopping bags on the seat and it got so hot that it left the ink from the bag, it sort of melted to the seat Mad.gif well I didn't want to look at it all day or let it dry on so believe it or not I used some of that foaming sun screen (it's like shave cream) and it took it right off, it must have been the alchol in it. hope that helps, some time you have to just start trying different things, I figured that what ever I used wouldn't hurt it any more than it was.

Thanks for the valuable input as well! That is scary b/c I have a pair of red/white/black billabong boardshorts!@#$! I am going to at LEAST go to Walmart and get some WHITE cotton towels and lay on the seats (esp. under fat sacs) and may do the same to the driver's seat just to be safe.

Rockon.gif

Just make sure you remember the rule...2 weeks ago I set down my new LF Jett Vest. It was wet from ridin' and 15 min. later I had a pretty pink LF Logo stained onto the vinyl. Thumbup.gif NOT!!! Mad.gif I was so mad at myself!!!

Regarding Rust Stains on vinyl - I have had success with an inexpensive product called Bartenders Friend- available at supermarkets and Wal-Mart. It is a powder that mixes with water and is mild enough to use on sterling silver etc. I beleive it is non-abrasive to mildly-abrasive. Read the label and decide if you want to try it.

I scrubbed a dark blue dye stain on my white seats for 3 days, tried everything I could think of. It faded it a little bit but really didn't make much of a difference. I was really upset. I ended up leaving it sit in the sun for almost a week, you'd never know a stain was ever there! The sun does wonders.

Regarding Rust Stains on vinyl - I have had success with an inexpensive product called Bartenders Friend- available at supermarkets and Wal-Mart. It is a powder that mixes with water and is mild enough to use on sterling silver etc. I beleive it is non-abrasive to mildly-abrasive. Read the label and decide if you want to try it.

The Product is actually called "Barkeeper's Friend"