Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back in the saddle

WakeGirl

Well, I'm happy to say that I am once again a wakeboarder. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif Today I took my first ride since breaking my foot last August & while the conditions were crappy at best, I felt good. The foot felt good - much stronger & capable than I'd really believed, & I now feel like I'm regaining some of the confidence that was gone for so long. I can't tell you how relieved I am! I was afraid that I'd get back there & be too afraid to even cross the wake, but even with the bad water I was ready to go & feelin' good. And I love the wake with the floating wedge - the transition is just so much better than with the old fixed wedge, & the wake itself is just beautifully formed (it greatly resembles a 247's wake). Now I just need to find the right board for the summer & all will be complete. It's so good to be back. Yahoo.gif

Any of my fellow rehabbers out there riding and/or skiing yet?

Well, I'm happy to say that I am once again a wakeboarder. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif Today I took my first ride since breaking my foot last August & while the conditions were crappy at best, I felt good. The foot felt good - much stronger & capable than I'd really believed, & I now feel like I'm regaining some of the confidence that was gone for so long. I can't tell you how relieved I am! I was afraid that I'd get back there & be too afraid to even cross the wake, but even with the bad water I was ready to go & feelin' good. And I love the wake with the floating wedge - the transition is just so much better than with the old fixed wedge, & the wake itself is just beautifully formed (it greatly resembles a 247's wake). Now I just need to find the right board for the summer & all will be complete. It's so good to be back. Yahoo.gif

Isn't that what got you into trouble in the first place? :)

Glad to hear you're doing well. Sorry to hear you like the wake so much with the freefloating wedge. I didn't need to hear that...

Isn't that what got you into trouble in the first place? :)

Glad to hear you're doing well. Sorry to hear you like the wake so much with the freefloating wedge. I didn't need to hear that...

Well, I was behind a 247 when it happened, but it was my screwup that did me in. The wake just happened to be the 247 ginormous wake that it is. Biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you're back! Reading your post sent me back to the image of your foot post op....

That had to hurt!!!

Cheers.gif Here's to a complete recovery!!!

Pat

...now could you post a pic of your healed foot so I can get rid of the last image.... Yuk.gif

Congrats WG, I recall you stating that you may hang up the board for good, so its good to hear you are back.

My injury was nothing like yours... I had a partial tear of my ACL. First time back out was a bit nerve-racking, but the second weekend was just about like old times. I'm wearing a knee brace that gives me an added bit of confidence.

There were a lot of injuries posted here last summer, so here's to a better summer for all of us.

Congrats WG, I recall you stating that you may hang up the board for good, so its good to hear you are back.

My injury was nothing like yours... I had a partial tear of my ACL. First time back out was a bit nerve-racking, but the second weekend was just about like old times. I'm wearing a knee brace that gives me an added bit of confidence.

There were a lot of injuries posted here last summer, so here's to a better summer for all of us.

Here here. Cheers.gif

Glad to see that you are boarding again! We will be ordering our 2008 VLX soon, so ours will be for sale in August! I hope the free floating wedge gets some more good feedback soon. I'd like to order it on my boat instead of the power wedge. I just didn't like the power wedge on my VLX. I drove for the Northwest Riders clinic this last week in Boise. Their 23 Wakesetter LSV worked great with the power wedge, and it was weighted really heavy. I could give it up to five clicks up without washing out the wake. My VLX washes out after like two clicks!

Oh yeah- not to rub it in, but I'm in a house called Las Iguanas on a reef wall in Cozumel Mexico right now! I'm looking out at the ocean watching the Carnival Triumph go by. It's wake just hit the rocks which is what inspired me to type that. What a surf wake! I'll be back in Idaho next Sunday!

Later all!

Trentster

Good on ya girl. I'm recovering from a torn rotator from a bad snow skiing wreck in Feb. Haven't been up on my ski yet but the water is really still too cold here. 55 degrees yesterday & raining today.

Good on ya girl. I'm recovering from a torn rotator from a bad snow skiing wreck in Feb. Haven't been up on my ski yet but the water is really still too cold here. 55 degrees yesterday & raining today.

Ah crud, sorry to hear that Bob. How long is the recovery looking for you?

great news tracie! you'll be amazed how quickly the full confidence comes back to you - sounds like you are right on track. best of luck.

Yes, so true. I'm back to hitting my w2ws solidly at 60'. With more regular time on the water I'll be back where I was last summer before too long. The foot was real sore Sunday, but the good kind where you feel like you're working & building muscle. I've got to keep the progression going because my 12 year old is nipping at my heels by being w2w at 60' now, he'll be at 65' within the next couple of weeks I suspect. If I can just hold him off this summer.....but we'll see. I won't feel too bad if he passes me, after all as parents we tend to live vicariously through our kids' accomplishments. Biggrin.gif

Ah crud, sorry to hear that Bob. How long is the recovery looking for you?

I was up on my ski Saturday night (62 degree water) - felt good & my arm felt OK - not strong but OK. Our health care system is a complete joke up here - don't let anyone tell you that social medicine is the way to go. The story they tell us up here is that your evil private system means that only the rich get health care. Well that would be an improvement even if it were true (which I'm reasonably certain it isn't) Under our system no one gets healthcare. But its "free". Rant off. Fortunately we do have limited access to private clinics.

Glad to hear your recovery is progressing so well. I keep looking on the bright side - I wasn't that good to begin with so I haven't got as far to recover. I expect I'll be in pain this summer and back on the hill this winter.

I think I did put something out there before, but I'm not sure. I'm back skiing the course after blowing my MCL and ACL at the end of July last summer. In six weeks I get to throw my knee brace away. My doc says that the repaired knee will be better than the other one at that point because the stamina of the muscles around the knee will be back to 100%. It's truly amazing what our bodies can heal when we do what the docs say. My technique is a much bigger problem for me than my knee. I've been skiing the course for three weeks now and still haven't found the groove that I was in right before I hurt my knee. I hope I get back there soon. Best of luck to all of the fellow rehabbers!