Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

titan II v Titan III

chriscpm

I'm almost certain to add a tower this year. I'm deciding between the titan II and III. I think I could handle installing the II myself, but it doesn't look as clean as the III. I'd have to go to the dealer across town for the III, which is probably more work that just installing it myself. I have an 05 LXi in Yellow, so I'd go with the polished look. Besides looks, are there an other issues to consider?

I'm pretty sure the II and the III use the same footprint. (BICBW...)

After seeing my 2 Titans on boats I would attempt an install myself. I think the II folds down flatter for garage clearance. I am just recalling what others have posted here. I have a T-II on an 04 VLX and I love it.

BTW have a custom Bimini made at a local shop. The one Titan sells is marginal. It may be better than it used to be.... Again I got mine in '04.

Good luck, Pat

I have a TII and picked it over the TIII because I liked it better. The one thing that my friends with TIII dislike is the bimini top is much harder to put up than mine is.

If you can install a II you can install a III.

Thanks. The issue is that the Titan III is a dealer only item. Its all figuring into what I'm going to select.

On the Bimini, is there a way to adapt my old Bimini to work on the tower?

Edited by chriscpm
If you can install a II you can install a III.

Thanks. The issue is that the Titan III is a dealer only item. Its all figuring into what I'm going to select.

On the Bimini, is there a way to adapt my old Bimini to work on the tower?

I've had both the TII and TIII - the TIII was on an LXi last year. I really didn't find much difference or issues with the Titan bimini. Yes, it takes a couple of times until you find a technique that works for you to put it up or to fold it up and attach it to the rear hoop but after that it is no problem at all.

If my opinion is worth anything to you and you can afford whatever the price difference is I would most certainly opt for the TIII. I think it looks great, especially on the LXi

Edited by Fly

I've had both the TII and TIII - the TIII was on an LXi last year. I really didn't find much difference or issues with the Titan bimini. Yes, it takes a couple of times until you find a technique that works for you to put it up or to fold it up and attach it to the rear hoop but after that it is no problem at all.

If my opinion is worth anything to you and you can afford whatever the price difference is I would most certainly opt for the TIII. I think it looks great, especially on the LXi

Thanks. If I can work out the details, I think I'll go for the III. I don't want to miss any skiing for this though. I bought this boat mid-August of last year. Its been cold, so I've hardly skied until the last couple of weeks. The water where I ski was still 62. I had my 5th run Sunday and finally don't feel completely beat the next day.

Thanks. If I can work out the details, I think I'll go for the III. I don't want to miss any skiing for this though. I bought this boat mid-August of last year. Its been cold, so I've hardly skied until the last couple of weeks. The water where I ski was still 62. I had my 5th run Sunday and finally don't feel completely beat the next day.

Water temp is less than 62 here - and we have already done away with the wetsuits are now just in board shorts and rash guard.

Anyway, just try and arrange an install date with the dealer and drop off the boat the day before. The install won't take more than a day. Don't need the tower for skiing anyway.

Water temp is less than 62 here - and we have already done away with the wetsuits are now just in board shorts and rash guard.

Anyway, just try and arrange an install date with the dealer and drop off the boat the day before. The install won't take more than a day. Don't need the tower for skiing anyway.

The dealer is across town, and my boat is in a slip that isn't very close either. Its about a 4 hour deal to get the boat to the dealer, then 4 to get it back. Not impossible, but just a hassle.

If you ski in water below 62 with no gear, you are tougher than I am. Gear helps with the water temp, but until the air temp gets up there too, my head tends to freeze. I still get a face full of water on my start, then the breeze is just painful. My buddies don't get this freeze effect, but they aren't going 36MPH with a short rope either.

My buddies don't get this freeze effect, but they aren't going 36MPH with a short rope either.

Good point.

I have the install for the III set up for next week. This should be nice.

Also, the water is closer to 70, so much nicer.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Chris