Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tracking an F1

jjackkrash

I ordered an 07 Connelly F1 from h2osmosis monday and they shipped it tuesday on DHL ground. Its sitting in Ohio right now. It was "estimated" to be here yesturday. This is worse than waiting for Christmas. Christmas.gif

I ordered an 07 Connelly F1 from h2osmosis monday and they shipped it tuesday on DHL ground. Its sitting in Ohio right now. It was "estimated" to be here yesturday. This is worse than waiting for Christmas. Christmas.gif

I was just recently asking UPS how they know when to bring something late when I really need it and are always early when I don't... Dontknow.gif

I was just recently asking UPS how they know when to bring something late when I really need it and are always early when I don't... Dontknow.gif

Plus1.gifPlus1.gifPlus1.gif Ba$turds... Never freakin fails.

Edited by LS-One

I just called and finally got through to a live person. She was very nice. She said, yes, the package was supposed to be here yesturday, but "for some reason, it looks like its still sitting in Ohio." I asked for an update on when DHL thought it might get here. She said "well, it should already be there, so all we can do is track it."

The fun never stops.

I just received my 2007 Connelly F1 this past Thursday. I got the 66" with Double Drafts. She is fast as hell. I had the move the bindings up one set of holes. It just wants to lay down and burn. I can't keep up on my offside.

I picked mine up at Bart's because after placing orders at 4 different places Connelly didn't have any available. Bart's had one unit in stock after 9 more phone calls. I tried to order it locally at two places but after a months wait.. I got fed up. I try to buy locally to support local business.

I also pu an 2007 F1 and your right, boy it's fast. I love it! Rockon.gif Big brown always delivers on time and the drivers knows to leave it on door step. Never had problems using UPS!!!

Edited by bu2007vlx

I just received my 2007 Connelly F1 this past Thursday. I got the 66" with Double Drafts. She is fast as hell. I had the move the bindings up one set of holes. It just wants to lay down and burn. I can't keep up on my offside.

I picked mine up at Bart's because after placing orders at 4 different places Connelly didn't have any available. Bart's had one unit in stock after 9 more phone calls. I tried to order it locally at two places but after a months wait.. I got fed up. I try to buy locally to support local business.

How do you like the Drafts? I have always used high raps but they talked me into the Drafts. They said I could exhange them if I didn't like them.

Also, on my last Connelly I moved the binding forward a notch. So I probably will again. That is, assuming it ever leaves Ohio.

FedEx Express would have had it there over night, two day, or three day. GAURANTEED.

FedEx Express would have had it there over night, two day, or three day. GAURANTEED.

No doubt. I didn't choose the carrier--wish I had specified tne delivery method. I was just so excitied I wasn't thinking clearly. Crazy.gif

How do you like the Drafts? I have always used high raps but they talked me into the Drafts. They said I could exhange them if I didn't like them.

Also, on my last Connelly I moved the binding forward a notch. So I probably will again. That is, assuming it ever leaves Ohio.

I love the drafts. No need for snot, slime, or soap. They feel great. But the sizing chart seems off a tad. I got a large 10-11 size.. If you have a big ankle.. you will have trouble... I could wear the large size. I have a 10-10.5 and it is right on the money.. but I think 11 would be pushing it. You have absolutely no heel lift. But I don't know if I am going to come out of them on a crazy call.. they hug you pretty good..even when loose. I don't think you will exchange them. I moved the bindings forward because I had so much ski out of the water. It was easier to get up with the bindings back, but was unstable. Depending on what ski you came off of... this ski wants to jam. I have been riding a 2002 HO Phantom and it doesn't rip like this ski. This ski does all the work. Just pull and lean... see ya!

No doubt. I didn't choose the carrier--wish I had specified tne delivery method. I was just so excitied I wasn't thinking clearly. Crazy.gif

I'm not trying to throw DHL under the bus (I happen to get along great with my local DHL competiton) but, maybe you might call the company you ordered it from, ask why/when should it have been delivered. Give them some feedback about their shipping choice and maybe they'll consider switching. I'd recommend FedEx Express. Thumbup.gif

I love the drafts. No need for snot, slime, or soap. They feel great. But the sizing chart seems off a tad. I got a large 10-11 size.. If you have a big ankle.. you will have trouble... I could wear the large size. I have a 10-10.5 and it is right on the money.. but I think 11 would be pushing it. You have absolutely no heel lift. But I don't know if I am going to come out of them on a crazy call.. they hug you pretty good..even when loose. I don't think you will exchange them. I moved the bindings forward because I had so much ski out of the water. It was easier to get up with the bindings back, but was unstable. Depending on what ski you came off of... this ski wants to jam. I have been riding a 2002 HO Phantom and it doesn't rip like this ski. This ski does all the work. Just pull and lean... see ya!

Rock and Roll. I can't wait to get on it. Thumbup.gif

I also pu an 2007 F1 and your right, boy it's fast. I love it! Rockon.gif Big brown always delivers on time and the drivers knows to leave it on door step. Never had problems using UPS!!!

Two packages shipped from Barts, same day, same time (according to UPS tracking).

One box made it to my doorstep the next day. The other took a one day detour to Ohio and then back to Illinois. Received it a day later.

UPS makes mistakes too, although I have to admit they are better than DHL

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

Its sitting in Waco right now. I'm debating whether to hook the boat and drive the hundred or so miles, and then hit Richland Chambers. But, with my luckk, they would probably load it on a truck as soon as I hit the road and i'd pass it on I45.

wow a few gettin on the F1! make sure you let us know how they swerve. Yahoo.gif

i tried an 04 67" last summer.

a)it was too big for me and

b)i believe it was the stiffest year of skis of the F1's ever.

so for me that = No.gif

cougar1, could you share with me the flex numbers if they were provided on your 66" please?

it is a very good ski! one of 4 skis available that i would love to ride!

wow a few gettin on the F1! make sure you let us know how they swerve. Yahoo.gif

i tried an 04 67" last summer.

a)it was too big for me and

b)i believe it was the stiffest year of skis of the F1's ever.

so for me that = No.gif

cougar1, could you share with me the flex numbers if they were provided on your 66" please?

it is a very good ski! one of 4 skis available that i would love to ride!

Toby, word is they softened the 07's a bit and that this has improved the ski. In any event, it looks like my stick is finally in town, but they need a sig and I wasn't at home, so its off to the local DHL hub to pick it up.

Jack