Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Proud New Papa

mrothwell

I’m a proud new Papa, again.

New baby was delivered 6/7. Baby, mom and dad (nobody ever cares about

how dad is, but thought I’d throw it in, thanks for asking) are all

doing really well. Getting older in life, it was a difficult decision

to even have this baby, but we’re really happy that we did. I had to

convince my wife that we really did need another one. She reminded me

of the time, effort and money that were required, but deep down I knew

that she wanted to do this. We even talked several times about

adoption, but decided to just go for it. You can’t even imagine how

happy my other 4 daughters are.

There were a few difficulties, baby was breach, which made delivery

even more difficult than the others. She is fatter than my other

daughters were at birth, and has much darker features (I’ve got

questions to ask my wife on this after she recovers a bit). She’s not

too loud yet, but I’m sure that will change as her lungs become more

powerful.

I’ve got some pix online:

View The piX

I think she’s beautiful, but I know that daddies are a little biased.

You're gonna have to get up every couple hours to check on her. Somebody slap it's a$$.

Oh and congrats..

Edited by 06vlx
I was never fooled, by this story or the one about the PS. :) Once you wrote about skiing behind one, I knew you'd have one in your garage. Congratulations, that's a beautiful boat.

Yep, I said many times he'd get one on the cut diamond hull. ;) Welcome back to the Bu ownership circle.

Not to mention if you had another daughter...oh boy Crazy.gif

OK, You got me.

Congrats anyway.

Oh, and you might want to have that motor checked. I think they put it in backwards. Tongue.gif

I told you she was breach!

I was never fooled, by this story or the one about the PS. :) Once you wrote about skiing behind one, I knew you'd have one in your garage. Congratulations, that's a beautiful boat.

Yep, I said many times he'd get one on the cut diamond hull. ;) Welcome back to the Bu ownership circle.

Not to mention if you had another daughter...oh boy Crazy.gif

I know that I wasn't fooling any regulars, but I still had a good time.

We have loved the Sangria boats for at least the past 8 years, but after picking the colors, I worried about how they would all look together, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Water delivery yesterday, it rocks.

No rubber on the platform??? What's the deal with that? . That's probably better than the stuff they put on my 07. Tracks crap all over the vinyl.

Congrats MR. You had me going...I was thinking to myself **man, he's really old to be having more munchkins** Whistling.gif

Tease.gif

Hello, Mr Pot......

No rubber on the platform??? What's the deal with that? . That's probably better than the stuff they put on my 07. Tracks crap all over the vinyl.

Pad for platform was backorded, Dealer said it would be here on Monday. Which pad do you have that tracks? They have a different pad for the Floating wedge vs. the power wedge due to the hatch. I have the floating wedge.

OK - Here's the specs

07 VTX

Cut Diamond Hull

Monsoon

Illusion X

Rear and midship ballast - I like the walk through open bow, so no front ballast.

R/F speakers

Floating wedge

Heater

Pop up cleats

Extreme trailer with dual axle disk brakes, oil bath hubs, undercarriage spare, boat buddy, led lights.

Travel cover

ACME 1235 prop

Waiting in garage to install:

Polk tower speakers

MTX amp

12" sub

BI V-Drive boom

Still need:

Racks - probably get one board rack and one ski rack.

MAN! MR, you went to town.

Congrats. I know how those CFO conversations can go. And you didn't even have to take her to the factory :)

Congrats on your new baby, I thought you really having a baby but not that big of one hahaha Surprised.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
MAN! MR, you went to town.

Congrats. I know how those CFO conversations can go. And you didn't even have to take her to the factory :)

My wife doesn't board or ski (altho she can do either), but she loves to be on the boat, and loves to see the kids having fun. We did go to the factory 2 summers ago, that helped. We seriously considered used, but couldn't find what we wanted for a decent price. It made more sense to buy new and get what worked best for the family. I skied behind one, and loved it. My wife and I picked the colors, and we couldn't be happier with the choice.

Pad for platform was backorded, Dealer said it would be here on Monday. Which pad do you have that tracks? They have a different pad for the Floating wedge vs. the power wedge due to the hatch. I have the floating wedge.

I have the manual floater, It has the older style pad with all the suns all over it. It really sucks, It is the same as my 05 was, but I never had that problem with that one. You'll probably get the newer slick one. Have heard they are quite slippery when wet.

Congrats! She is really gorgeous. Did your wife let you touch her after this delivery?

In the words of my 94 yr old Grandma..."Use it in good health".