Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge?

07NARNARVLX

For what? Wakeboarding? It really depends on how you have the ballast set up. Generally I ride with it 3/4 of the way down when wakeboarding with stock ballast. Experiment with it, and you'll be able to figure it out pretty quick.

i wakeboard at 22mph with all ballast full inclunding front and with PW up at max. you are correct, the farther down the wedge the smaller the wake. all the way down is 400 LBS all the way up is 1200 LBS. each notch on the guage is a 200 LBS increiment. so it goes 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200. Thumbup.gif

i wakeboard at 22mph with all ballast full inclunding front and with PW up at max. you are correct, the farther down the wedge the smaller the wake. all the way down is 400 LBS all the way up is 1200 LBS. each notch on the guage is a 200 LBS increiment. so it goes 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200. Thumbup.gif

Does your only have 5 notches? My '07 guage has 9. I remeber that last years had 5.

Anyway... We run all ballast and PW at the second notch with a small crew of 4-5. If we have a crew of 9-10 we don't use the wedge. If my buddy with an X45 rides we set the PW to 9 which seems to make the wake very rampy like his. We call it the X45 emulation setting.

also is it bad to adjust it on the fly???

No. It is designed to adjust on the fly. There is protection built in that won't allow you to retract or deploy while underway. But, you can adjust...

No. It is designed to adjust on the fly. There is protection built in that won't allow you to retract or deploy while underway. But, you can adjust...

Yeah, I was told that you have to be going approx. 5 mph or so to get it to go up. When you say adjust on fly, what speeds are you talking about?

The farther down is 400 and all the way up is 1200 lbs. I thought fully deployed (all the way down) was the 1200 lbs. Dontknow.gif

To get the wedge up you need to have some forward movement, you can just kick it into idle and that will do the the trick. To deploy the wedge, you should also be either floating or idling. Once underway and the wedge is down, you can adjust it up and down. But I don't think it will let you go past halfway or so. Probably cause it will put too much stress/drag on the wedge and its components.

The farther down is 400 and all the way up is 1200 lbs. I thought fully deployed (all the way down) was the 1200 lbs. Dontknow.gif

If you look at the wedge, the farther down it is, the flatter (in relation the bottom of the boat) the wedge will be. So at all the way down, it is fairly flat in relation to the boat. When you hit up, it will have a sharper angle downwards, so it will pull the back of the boat down harder. More angle = more force = more weight.

Yeah, I was told that you have to be going approx. 5 mph or so to get it to go up. When you say adjust on fly, what speeds are you talking about?

You can adjust it at wakeboard speeds.

If you look at the wedge, the farther down it is, the flatter (in relation the bottom of the boat) the wedge will be. So at all the way down, it is fairly flat in relation to the boat. When you hit up, it will have a sharper angle downwards, so it will pull the back of the boat down harder. More angle = more force = more weight.

Wow, I'll have to give that a try. We always just put it all the way down thinking that was the most...... Game On!