Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flat spot while using PP

While using PP yesterday I noticed a flat spot at about 6-8 mph as I'm accellerating. Kinda like ignition cutting out. Real strange. And itwas intermittant, which makes it even stranger...

Anyone else??

Mine does that too. I'm glad you posted about it, so I can rest easy that it's "normal." First boat I've had with PP, so I wasn't sure it was unusual or not.

I can only guess the PP servo lets out a little line as you're accelerating, which makes the boat seem flat. When I feel this happen, I just give it a little more gas to keep accelerating.

To be honest I don't care for the behavior, wish it didn't do it.

It's not intermitent. You just have to keep a little forward pressure on the throttle until PP grabs the boat near selected speed. Nothing major - just routine.

Bugs me too, but totally normal. The worst part about it is that if you're pulling up someone that's really light, you've got to have really, really good careful throttle control to get past that spot without allowing it to dump them forward while at the same time not giving them too much power. Really sucks when it's not just a lightweight back there, but a newbie to boot. I've gotten to where depending on the situation, I sometimes don't even use PP with new people.

Yeah, now that you mention it I was pulling a newbe 12 yr old and had not turned off pp.

Oh well, PP still rocks!! (but I do not remember it doing this on my old boat...)

Make sure the servo is wound up tight. I find that when I turn perfect pass off while I'm at speed, the servo won't re-wind properly. Then i notice a real bad dead spot until I re-tighten the servo.

None of the 3 boats I drive regularly with perfect pass have any probs unless you turn it off under power.

B