Sign in to follow this  
Faceplant409

Flat spot while using PP

Faceplant409

While using PP yesterday I noticed a flat spot at about 6-8 mph as I'm accellerating. Kinda like ignition cutting out. Real strange. And itwas intermittant, which makes it even stranger...

Anyone else??

Ronnie

Yep...

edwin

every time

Boomer

Mine does that too. I'm glad you posted about it, so I can rest easy that it's "normal." First boat I've had with PP, so I wasn't sure it was unusual or not.

I can only guess the PP servo lets out a little line as you're accelerating, which makes the boat seem flat. When I feel this happen, I just give it a little more gas to keep accelerating.

To be honest I don't care for the behavior, wish it didn't do it.

andyb

It's not intermitent. You just have to keep a little forward pressure on the throttle until PP grabs the boat near selected speed. Nothing major - just routine.

summerfun

Had the same question when I first installed PP. Everyone told me it is normal.

WakeGirl

Bugs me too, but totally normal. The worst part about it is that if you're pulling up someone that's really light, you've got to have really, really good careful throttle control to get past that spot without allowing it to dump them forward while at the same time not giving them too much power. Really sucks when it's not just a lightweight back there, but a newbie to boot. I've gotten to where depending on the situation, I sometimes don't even use PP with new people.

Faceplant409

Yeah, now that you mention it I was pulling a newbe 12 yr old and had not turned off pp.

Oh well, PP still rocks!! (but I do not remember it doing this on my old boat...)

bradb

Make sure the servo is wound up tight. I find that when I turn perfect pass off while I'm at speed, the servo won't re-wind properly. Then i notice a real bad dead spot until I re-tighten the servo.

None of the 3 boats I drive regularly with perfect pass have any probs unless you turn it off under power.

B