Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Birth of a VLX

05wake

The lake test is next Thursday and I have not received an official delivery date. Hopefully I will be able to get her by the weekend of June 10th.

Great looking boat! I know you can't wait for the pick up day. Keep sending the pics, cause I really want to see that interior when completed. Thumbup.gif

The grayscale boat should look great on the water, but it makes me keep thinking my monitor is going out when I look at the photos, heheh.

Wierd effect!

05wake... When you take delivery of your boat Look it over good. The CFO and I found few gigs.

1. The heat hose was glued to the hose housing and would not come out. Fixed on the spot.

2. The wedge door was very stiff and required some sanding. Fixed on the spot.

3. I saved the best for last. The fuel tank acess panel on the floor was severely delaminated. It poped and creaked every time you stepped on it. After identifying the discrepency to service manager he didn't seems to concerned and that several boats had the problem. I was little disturbed that he was not planning on replacing it unless I had mentioned the discrepency. But afterwards he volunteered his services to replace it and put a new one on order.

Woody,

Did you get your boat at the Rancho dealer? If so, it is good to hear that they took action quickly and to your satisfaction.

05wake...  When you take delivery of your boat Look it over good.  The CFO and I found few gigs.

1.  The heat hose was glued to the hose housing and would not come out. Fixed on the spot.

2.  The wedge door was very stiff and required some sanding.  Fixed on the spot.

3.  I saved the best for last.  The fuel tank acess panel on the floor was severely delaminated.  It poped and creaked every time you stepped on it. After identifying the discrepency to service manager he didn't seems to concerned and that several boats had the problem.  I was little disturbed that he was not planning on replacing it unless I had mentioned the discrepency.  But afterwards he volunteered his services to replace it and put a new one on order.

There are always a few little things that need taking care of (in a few cases major things). Use the time before the first service (between 10 & 20 hours) to figure out what you missed on the initial delivery & have a list ready when you take it in for that service.

Congrats 05, she's a beauty.

Wow that's cool. I've never heard of anyone being able to ride in a lake test before.

PS Andy needs to know....did you take your shoes off first??

Pat

What a stunner. At the Auckland Int Boat Show a black VLX won the supreme award. MC and CC were also displaying black boats.

Very cool.