Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Jack

i usually lower the tounge down on a concrete block with a 2x4 or something on top of it. takes all the weight off the jack while it is stored. depending on haw many would blocks u put on top of the concrete block,,,,u could keep the front end up as high as u wanted to keep the water from sitting up front

This is what I always do. I just feel safer with a solid block under the tounge. Plus when I climb in the boat on the trailer is feels much more secure.

Bear in mind that cinder blocks don't necessarily make the best supports for heavy loads focused on a relatively small cross section. NEVER use a cinder block to support a car when working under it unless you want to be able to slip under doors openings rather than walk through them.

• 3 months later...

I am looking to upgrade the trailer jack to the new Fulton F2.

Does anyone know if they make an adaptor for the Extreme trailer. They appear to have a 4 bolt-on attachment vs. the one bolt version on the stock jack.

http://www.fultonperformance.com/Jacks/index.html

FultonJacks.jpg

We now have an adapter to install the f2 jack on boat trailers, that came with the standard fulton single-mounting-point jack. I'll get some photos and post them for you guys. I believe we'll be selling the adapter, hardware and f2 jack as a package to install on your trailer.

Hope that helps,

Peter

I saw one of the f2 jacks installed on a MC this fall and the jack seem to support the boat very well. The only thing that I didn't like about the jack was the lock mechanism for handle it looks like something to break as soon as the weather turns cold.

Okay, here's the jack and adapter plate.

(Only installed 2 bolts for pictures)

2001, original jack :

DSCF4624.jpg

2001 trailer, 2010 f2 jack with adapter plate:

DSCF4628.jpg

DSCF4630.jpg

DSCF4629.jpg

DSCF4631.jpg

I'll get some pricing together for the setup.

Peter

**Note - adapter is a primed (aluminum color) steel plate as it must be tapped for mounting bolts. User can leave aluminum color or paint to match.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

I am interested in pricing also. Very timely post. I'm picking up an '08 VLX this weekend and I want to put a F2 on the Boatmate trailer.

Okay, looks like the f2 dual wheel jack, adapter plate and attaching bolts will be $139.00 plus shipping. NY residents will need to pay sales tax.

You can call or email. 518-793-5808

Thanks,

Peter @smoothwatersports.com

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone thinking of doing this modification this is as good as it gets. Usually you have to weld this jack onto the trailer, Smoothwaterman is offering a complete bolt on option that isn't offered anywhere else. He's selling the entire kit for less than others are charging just for the jack alone. Looks like a nice kit to me Thumbup.gif .

• 2 months later...

I bought this trailer jack last year to replace the original crappy one.

It works awesome, bolted right on, and much sturdier than the original. Love the dual wheel. Seems much more stable. It's a whole lot cheaper than the F2 as well. :)