Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bu's all over the place

jetskipro550

We usually don't see too many other Bu's out on the water where we ride, but this year they are everywhere! Must have been a good year for BCWS Dontknow.gif Usually the only Bu's that I ever see on the river in Salem are friends of ours, but this past weekend there was a new Ride XTi (driver was a complete idiot), two 23 (black/yellow and black/gray) LSV's, a VLX, and a very clean SSLX. Then while I was driving down to school last night I saw 3 more on the freeway! I know that in some parts of the country, Malibu's are very popular, but around here its all Supras and Tiges Crazy.gif

BTW- Anyone on here know of or own the all white (with small malibu graphic) LSV or VLX that was heading north on I-5 just outside of Eugene around 6-7ish last night? That boat is beautiful!

My dealer told me at the time I was looking at bu's he hasn't sold so many boats in his life. He came from a MC store and used to sell 2-3 boats a month. When I bought my boat which was in Dec. final purchase he had sold 4 that month, he said they just sell themselves and it's easy to make a sale now that he is with Malibu. He just hired another salesman this month Thumbup.gif

In my area there are about 5 more Malibu's than last season as well, o yea and a supra... i hate those things:)

In my area there are about 5 more Malibu's than last season as well, o yea and a supra... i hate those things:)

Why do you hate the Supra?

Skiers Choice has got IT down IMO!!!

I think they look awesome, have great seating layouts, cool towers, and come standard with a ton of ballast...but the only one I have ridden behind I hated the wake. It was like hitting a brick wall. I would like to try another one though!

Edited by jetskipro550

Agreed, there's a lot more if not at least 10-15 more Malibu's on the lakes we go to then previous years. That was a small reason why I had initially went with Malibu because of the fact they were the elite towboat and still are but everyone has a Malibu now.

On my tiny lake I have seen 2 more bu's this year, for a total of like 8 or so. However, I have seen 3 or 4 new MC X-series', making for a total of 5 xseries' boats on my lake.

Why do you hate the Supra?

Skiers Choice has got IT down IMO!!!

I think they look awesome, have great seating layouts, cool towers, and come standard with a ton of ballast...but the only one I have ridden behind I hated the wake. It was like hitting a brick wall. I would like to try another one though!

they havnt got their prices down i know that! 103k for a 22ssv over here. Crazy.gif give me a vlx any day, at least 10k cheaper also!

We usually don't see too many other Bu's out on the water where we ride, but this year they are everywhere! Must have been a good year for BCWS Dontknow.gif Usually the only Bu's that I ever see on the river in Salem are friends of ours, but this past weekend there was a new Ride XTi (driver was a complete idiot), two 23 (black/yellow and black/gray) LSV's, a VLX, and a very clean SSLX. Then while I was driving down to school last night I saw 3 more on the freeway! I know that in some parts of the country, Malibu's are very popular, but around here its all Supras and Tiges Crazy.gif

BTW- Anyone on here know of or own the all white (with small malibu graphic) LSV or VLX that was heading north on I-5 just outside of Eugene around 6-7ish last night? That boat is beautiful!

Rumour has it our dealer up here sold their quota within the first three months of the year. That's a couple hundred boats. The only way to get a new Bu is order one for next year. So far only 3 on our lake. What can you say people prefer quality.

My wife and I always seem to get into a conversation about the increasing popularity of Malibu boats in our area as we see more and more of them. I think with the new towers they are the most distinctive and coolest-looking ski/wake boat out there, and I would think that sure helps their popularity. You definitely know a Malibu wakeboard boat when you see it.

My Dad has a 2004 Supra 24 SSV, and that thing is a limo, but I tell you, it's amazing the difference two or three years makes in options. The Malibu 247 blows his away, with all of the LEDs, and stainless steel and chrome, but at the time it seemed his Supra was the nicest thing around. I'm sure this year's Supra is nice as well.

All that being said, wakeboard boats are incredibly expensive. I'm amazed that I'm seeing so many new ones around.

My wife and I always seem to get into a conversation about the increasing popularity of Malibu boats in our area as we see more and more of them. I think with the new towers they are the most distinctive and coolest-looking ski/wake boat out there, and I would think that sure helps their popularity. You definitely know a Malibu wakeboard boat when you see it.

My Dad has a 2004 Supra 24 SSV, and that thing is a limo, but I tell you, it's amazing the difference two or three years makes in options. The Malibu 247 blows his away, with all of the LEDs, and stainless steel and chrome, but at the time it seemed his Supra was the nicest thing around. I'm sure this year's Supra is nice as well.

All that being said, wakeboard boats are incredibly expensive. I'm amazed that I'm seeing so many new ones around.

We went to Smith Lake in Alabama a couple weeks ago and there were malibu's all over the place...I couldn't believe how many we saw that day, and almost all of them were in different combinations of black, yellow and white.....saw a couple black and blue and red and white ones as well. I also saw a 2006 with the CFT blade tower with the built in tower speakers...never saw one of those in person before. I think every Bu we saw was a Wakesetter.