Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 247 Who has one? I have questions

carrera2

I currently have a 2006 LSV, we just ordered a 247 last week but my dealer does not have one in stock.

My question is how is the wake at 18 MPH? my 8 year old Daughter boards at 18 MPH and the wake behind my 23 is perfect with 4-6 people in the boat.

We are a bit worried that the wake will wash out at the same speed on the 247.

Does anyone with a 247 have smaller Children that board? if how is the wake at slower speeds (with no wedge or ballast)

Many thanks for any input.

I am not sure how you get your LSV to not wash at 18mph, unless with weight in the front, all of my vlx's hate speed below 19. I frequently ride behind the 247, and I think there would be some issues at 18. I just bump up the speed, no one notices. Thumbup.gif

We have a 247 and have had smaller ones ride behind it. At 17-18 mph the wake is huge, not really washed out that badly, just huge. At 19-20, the wake is clean, but still a larger wake than the 23 LSV put out. We bumped the nephews (13yrs old) from 18 to 19-20 and its been better for them overall.

The 23 LSV wake was a perfect learning wake for the little ones, IMHO. When we got the 247 it didn't even occur to us what the wake would be like at the slower speeds.

Anybody remember Nicole (baumers) daughter riding behind my 247 at NW WOW? Wakegirl?

Oh, my... the 247 wake of dooooooom? :lol: It is only a matter of time before the thing is outlawed, much too big of a wake, and totally much too big, totally un-ridable Whistling.gif

... Personaly I love the wake Love.gif

We have a 247 and have had smaller ones ride behind it. At 17-18 mph the wake is huge, not really washed out that badly, just huge. At 19-20, the wake is clean, but still a larger wake than the 23 LSV put out. We bumped the nephews (13yrs old) from 18 to 19-20 and its been better for them overall.

The 23 LSV wake was a perfect learning wake for the little ones, IMHO. When we got the 247 it didn't even occur to us what the wake would be like at the slower speeds.

Anybody remember Nicole (baumers) daughter riding behind my 247 at NW WOW? Wakegirl?

I don't remember that, but then again I don't remember much after breaking my foot. Crazy.gif Did she tame the 247? The wake was probably taller than she was. :lol:

We regularly have younger ones and begginers behind the boat. With no wedge, no ballast and a couple people up front the wake is clean at 17. We usually have the speed at 18 though and no one seems to notice. The wake is definately better there. The cleanest wake we have found is closer to 19. Once the rider has been up a time or two at 17 or 18 then 19 doesn't seem to be a big step. As Stewart said the 247 is definately bigger than the 23 (we had the 23 for 3 years). Although, under the conditions described above it is not that much different. With the wedge, ballast and extra people you can carry it is a huge difference.

I don't remember that, but then again I don't remember much after breaking my foot. Crazy.gif Did she tame the 247? The wake was probably taller than she was. :lol:

Yes.gif