Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat broke over v-drive

vlx wakesetter

Well this was an interesting day when suddenly someone stepped down from the motor cover onto the seat that's over the v-drive and broke it in half as well as ripped the vinyl on the seat where it split. Is this common? How should I go about getting this fixed? Dealer, upholstery shop, someone else? Boat is an '02 VLX Wakesetter and is located in so cal. Any thoughts on how much this might be. Thanks, and still a happy 'bu owner Thumbup.gif

Well this was an interesting day when suddenly someone stepped down from the motor cover onto the seat that's over the v-drive and broke it in half as well as ripped the vinyl on the seat where it split. Is this common? How should I go about getting this fixed? Dealer, upholstery shop, someone else? Boat is an '02 VLX Wakesetter and is located in so cal. Any thoughts on how much this might be. Thanks, and still a happy 'bu owner Thumbup.gif

Had a rear corner seat break the same way (2002 LSV). Order a new seat from Malibu (order thru Tilly's in Ventura). The seat will match the original. Malibu's not too fast on getting these out though! Mine was covered under warranty so no idea on cost - sorry.

Had a rear corner seat break the same way (2002 LSV). Order a new seat from Malibu (order thru Tilly's in Ventura). The seat will match the original. Malibu's not too fast on getting these out though! Mine was covered under warranty so no idea on cost - sorry.

Yep I went to Tilly's today (15 min away) and they said $300 Shocking.gif So I went to an upholstery shop where they recommended for $100-150. Then Tilly's calls me later this afternoon saying don't replace it just yet because they had emailed Malibu and they said it might still be under warranty. Well it's too late now!!! Just my luck but I needed it for this weekend anyways.

I've noticed that the same seat on my brand new vRide is caving in if someone steps in the back middle of it or kneels in the back middle. The seat will cave in and push through into the opening. I told my dealer about it and they said they'd do something to fix it when it's in for the 10 hour service. Sounds like a common thing, I'm surprised Malibu hasn't addressed it yet.