Sign in to follow this  
RTS

KD Extreme Slalom

RTS

I've decided to do more skiing and would like to step up from the crap combo skis I currently use.

I need something that is not pro level (decent deep water starting ability) but something that will serve me and my guests as I/we progress from beginner through maybe intermediate levels.

I'm 6'1", 195 lbs. Regular guests are pretty much in the same range.

I found a KD Extreme that I think looks good, I can deal with the price, and I was wondering if you guys think it is a good ski for my purposes, or would I be better served with something else???

EDIT: It's an EVOLUTION, 69" long

Thanks

Edited by rts

martho

The HO Comp Freeride series are great skis. You would be between a 67" burner and 69" Charger. They are a touch wider to give you an easier start. They are good skis for recreational skiing and should have no problem in the course at 34mph. If you are beyond that level of skiing, I would think about another ski.

I dont know anything about the ski you have mentioned. Hopefully, someone will be able to give you a review on the Evolution.

CarveItUp

I ski on a Charger (2000 model year) and really like it. Right now I just free ski but I'd like to learn enough to run the course at some point.

It's the only ski I've had, though, and can't offer any comparisons. I find the ski easy to get up on and very stable. I'm trying to learn to learn to really carve a turn now and it has been very intuitive for me to ski: predictable and not squirrelly.

Hope this helps,

Mike