Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Quirks: 1) Ballast LCD Screen 2) Shower no flow!

Hi guys, my dealer seemed to be temporarily stumped, without seeing a mechanic monday. Couldn't seem to find any leads using search.

Problem 1(?): Ballast indicator screen switches to speed control screen

When filling the ballast, I noticed originally while going maybe 3 mph the ballast indicator screen switched to cruise control. It would only stay on the ballast indicator screen for maybe 4 seconds then switch to cruise control. Is this suppose to do this? Is there any way I can keep the ballast screen on until I manually take it off this screen?

Problem 2: Shower is not working

I can hear the pump running, but nothing came out of the nozzle. The boat was idling. We attempted to run it maybe 3-4 min after launch.

Thanks for reading. Any suggestions appreciated.

1) Completely normal, cruise takes presidence over ballast

2) There is a switch to turn the shower on, and a valve on the nozzle itself, did you turn the valve? If so, maybe the shower is already plugged??

1) Completely normal, cruise takes presidence over ballast

2) There is a switch to turn the shower on, and a valve on the nozzle itself, did you turn the valve? If so, maybe the shower is already plugged??

1) Thanks. I thought so just wanted to make sure that this is normal before leaving the shop

2) The switch was turned on, and I am pretty sure the valve was turned on. However I started wondering, maybe the thermostat was set too high and the water was not warm enough from only runnig 3 minutes? I am not sure how the shower system is setup at the moment, but was thinking maybe the water wouldn't come out unless it was at a certain temp (tungsten switch?).

if you hit the cruise button 2 times it will take you to a screen where you can hit ballast and it will stay there. when the ballast screen is up you can go through and view all kinds of things like a clock your speed, engine temp, % of fuel and all kinds of cool things.

if you hit the cruise button 2 times it will take you to a screen where you can hit ballast and it will stay there. when the ballast screen is up you can go through and view all kinds of things like a clock your speed, engine temp, % of fuel and all kinds of cool things.

But if you have Cruise engaged (which is what I think that fever is talking about), it will only stay on the ballast screen for about 4 seconds then go back to the speed control screen. As edge said, Cruise takes precedence when engaged.

Hi guys, my dealer seemed to be temporarily stumped, without seeing a mechanic monday. Couldn't seem to find any leads using search.

When filling the ballast, I noticed originally while going maybe 3 mph the ballast indicator screen switched to cruise control. It would only stay on the ballast indicator screen for maybe 4 seconds then switch to cruise control. Is this suppose to do this? Is there any way I can keep the ballast screen on until I manually take it off this screen?

I can hear the pump running, but nothing came out of the nozzle. The boat was idling. We attempted to run it maybe 3-4 min after launch.

Sounds like a lemon. If I were you I would trade it in for a Nautique. Whistling.gif

Sounds like a lemon. If I were you I would trade it in for a Nautique. Whistling.gif

NICE :lol:

Hahah I hope that wasn't a knock at me. I NEVER supported that guys decision to buy a Nautique. I empathized with his emotion but I did not agree with his response!

Besides I am more likely to force the dealer to buy back my VLX so I could replace it with a MasterCraft X-80. I think that's the only fair trade in this situation. Thumbup.gif

But if you have Cruise engaged (which is what I think that fever is talking about), it will only stay on the ballast screen for about 4 seconds then go back to the speed control screen. As edge said, Cruise takes precedence when engaged.

Thanks! I think this is dead on. The Cruise control section in the manual alluded to this. It would explain why the ballast screen was working the way I thought it should at first, but not after I had used cruise control.

Hahah I hope that wasn't a knock at me. I

No knock on you...I just couldn't resist poking a bit of fun at the previous couple of days events.

Ballast screen is a joke BU needs separate gauges ala MasterCraft. That being said my buddy bought an X-2 he's pissed after spending some time in my VTX, paid 6 grand more and likes the VTX better.

Ballast screen is a joke BU needs separate gauges ala MasterCraft. That being said my buddy bought an X-2 he's pissed after spending some time in my VTX, paid 6 grand more and likes the VTX better.

I think the screen probably could use some improvements. I am suprised there isn't a feature that allows one to set the fill level for each tank then have pumps auto shut off. Same with emptying. I am not engineer but I think a cool little feature like that wouldn't be super expensive to do, but I am sure it would just be another way to complicate things.