Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Change Pump Adapter

After an early morning ski Saturday I'll be changing the oil for the first time using my new Jabsco Porta Quick. I found an adapter to connect the garden hose fitting on the oil changer to the oil drain hose at McMaster and thought I'd let everyone know what it is. Go to McMaster.com and search for part number 73605T59, it's a Garden Hose-to-Pipe Rigid Connector 3/4" Male Garden Hose, 1/4" NPT Female Connections (I ordered one yesterday morning and it was on my doorstep by lunch today - how's that for service?).

I'm thinking this should be a breeze with the pump and this connector, and I'll post back how it goes.

After an early morning ski Saturday I'll be changing the oil for the first time using my new Jabsco Porta Quick. I found an adapter to connect the garden hose fitting on the oil changer to the oil drain hose at McMaster and thought I'd let everyone know what it is. Go to McMaster.com and search for part number 73605T59, it's a Garden Hose-to-Pipe Rigid Connector 3/4" Male Garden Hose, 1/4" NPT Female Connections (I ordered one yesterday morning and it was on my doorstep by lunch today - how's that for service?).

I'm thinking this should be a breeze with the pump and this connector, and I'll post back how it goes.

It should work great for you - I have the same setup for my tempo oil boy.

You can also go to home depot for the fittings.

The Porta Quick is no joke. Pulled the oil out in just a couple minutes. No mess either. The price is steep but I figure an oil change or two and I've broken even. It's got a small probe that will be perfect for the tranny fluid too.

i've got the oil boy as well, and would like to do this setup.

any tips on how to untighten the oil drain hose? I've tried clamping with a couple of wrenches and twisting, but no luck.

I used a pair of vice grips on the nut part of the drain hose and an adjustable wrench on the cap. Took some effort but it eventually loosened up.