Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

98 Sunsetter VLX Palypen

Sectn8

Hey all,

I'm looking for a playpen, bow filler cushion or whatever you want to call it for my 98 Sunsetter VLX. My dealer says they can only look back 7 years so they tell me it's not available, tough. I was wondering if another year might work, anyone has one for sale or if someone made one. I did see the thread with the subwoofer box built into it but i just want the cushion and not the woofer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Scott

If your dealer can't get it for you, I don't think it would be too hard, or super expensive, to have a local upholstery shop make one up for you. They could probably get vinyl to be a good match, if not an exact match, as your current vinyl. But would certainly have no problem fabricating the part for you.

With young kids, having the filler cushion up front makes all the difference, and the younger kids all want to ride up there, freeing up the rear of the boat for the grownups.

Let us know what you find out.

I got some marine grade vinyl from ebay, luckly it was a close match. Then I purchased some treated plywood, sealed it with resin, took the base to the upholster. costed me 30 bucks to have him upholster it. The trick was the support, because my echelon doesnt have the extra fiberglass up there to rest it on I had to fabricate some mounts out of stainless pipe. I welded the pipe up for the base and it was all good. It was a nice option and easy to do. You could make the base out of plywood also and use it for storage.

Edited by sauer