Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Price you think i shuld pay for a boat

tippmancus98

hey guys im new to this fourm and New to wakeboarding. I am interested in a 23 LSV Wakesetter Monsoon 340 hp motor w/ ETX CAT exhaust

Sony Stereo, MP3 player

4 Skylon tower speakers w/ Sub and Amp

Pro Speed Control

Flip Bolster driver’s seat

Bimini shade cover

boat cover

pop up bow light

pull up cleats

pair of board racks

stainless cup holders

4 ballast tanks

power Wedge

2nd battery with Perko switch

Transom Stereo remote

Tandem axle Extreme trailer with spare tire, swing tongue, oil bath hubs

the price i was given was 68,386 OTD was that a good price for this time a year since the 08 are coming out soon!

hey guys im new to this fourm and New to wakeboarding. I am interested in a 23 LSV Wakesetter Monsoon 340 hp motor w/ ETX CAT exhaust

Sony Stereo, MP3 player

4 Skylon tower speakers w/ Sub and Amp

Pro Speed Control

Flip Bolster driver’s seat

Bimini shade cover

boat cover

pop up bow light

pull up cleats

pair of board racks

stainless cup holders

4 ballast tanks

power Wedge

2nd battery with Perko switch

Transom Stereo remote

Tandem axle Extreme trailer with spare tire, swing tongue, oil bath hubs

the price i was given was 68,386 OTD was that a good price for this time a year since the 08 are coming out soon!

What was the % off MSRP?

Welcome.gif If you get 10% off msrp your getting a great deal. That would be boat show pricing. At any rate you could try to have the dealer also throw in some freebies like lines, jackets, wakeboard, anchor, stuff like that. Just keep cool about the purchase of the 'bu because you will need that dealer later on down the road. Good luck with the purchase and keep us informed.

I am fairly green, but having just done a similar deal on a new VLX.

I am not sure how much the year matters (i.e. 08s just coming in). For example in motocross bikes, year to year discount is a very small percentage if the bike is still new. If anything the 07s are pretty nice because of all the chrome/billet aluminum they added for the 25th anniversary.

68 seems good for a new boat, especially if that includes the trailer and the tower speakers. Hopefully dealer prep as well?

I dunno what the % was. msrp is 60000 w/o trailer I got that from the web. I understand the prices vary from area to area. Im from so cal and that price was with tax and License and I am haveing a problem getting a teak platform but on the boat they said they order their boats with fiberglass platforms and they say I would have to pay 700 for a teak platform whats that all about. 68,000 +700 for the teak which is suppose to be standard what is a fair price i am putting 25 k down?

I dunno what the % was. msrp is 60000 w/o trailer I got that from the web. I understand the prices vary from area to area. Im from so cal and that price was with tax and License and I am haveing a problem getting a teak platform but on the boat they said they order their boats with fiberglass platforms and they say I would have to pay 700 for a teak platform whats that all about. 68,000 +700 for the teak which is suppose to be standard what is a fair price i am putting 25 k down?

didn't make out exactly what you were trying to say.

Have you carefully thought about the teak platform? they take a lot of work to keep them looking nice. The fiberglass platform is usually an upgrade. To me, it would be like having a boat included with a CD player and paying to replace it with a tape deck. To each his own though.

IMO the price seems good.

didn't make out exactly what you were trying to say.

Have you carefully thought about the teak platform? they take a lot of work to keep them looking nice. The fiberglass platform is usually an upgrade. To me, it would be like having a boat included with a CD player and paying to replace it with a tape deck. To each his own though.

IMO the price seems good.

Agree with Fever5 on both counts...

With Tax, license and trailer, racks, speakers, stereo, pop up cleats, power wedge, MLS ballast, ect. that sounds like a pretty dam good deal to me...

The teak trailer is not the way to go unless you enjoy more maintenance things to take care of on your boat. Believe me, there will be plenty of other maintenance things to worry about. Welcome to boat ownership. Thumbup.gif If the dealer orders all their boats with the fiberglass, the 700 is probably because they would have to order one and have it shipped to them, etc. as it doesn't sound like they have many on hand.

Edited by smedman

I think that is a bit higg for that boat. I have seen them go for 59 to 63 OTD here in bay area with no sterio. Most of the things you mentioned are standard on the wakesetter. I would try to get that price lower without the sterio and get it done for less elsewhere. Right now the price is higher than at the end of the summer.

If you are getting your boat from a so-cal dealer (onyl 2 that I know of), it is my understanding that prices are not that far from MSRP. I am sure situations vary, but getting much below MSRP could be tough. This might have been a result of the last few years' demand, and maybe that is finally slowing???