Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water collecting under my LSV bow cushions

Help

I just got an '04 23LSV Sunscape this spring, and have only had it out for a few short cruises. But over the holiday weekend (the worst time to have a boat out on a lake...) we took a wake over the bow. The kids thought it was great, the boss said I better drive, and we motored on, got caught in a rain shower, and went home. When I was cleaning out the boat, I lifted up the bow cushions to clean them off, and found standing water in both sides.

And no, there is no front ballast tank on this boat.

Is there supposed to be a drain from this area into the bilge? If not, is there a spot to drill one?

I can't believe that a boat builder would leave any compartment sealed off where water could collect.

I've taken a wave over the bow on my Rlxi (who hasn't?) and I've never had standing water. What I have had is a completely saturated carpet. I usually just suck as much water out of the carpet as I can with a shopvac and leave the cushions out for the area to air dry the rest of the way.

I've taken my fair share of waves over the front and I've never had standing water under the cushions either. I wonder if there is a drain area that's blocked maybe?

Try not to take water over the bow Yes.gif

Plus1.gif yeah, no water in the boat Tease.gif

Do you store the boat with the bow at a downward angle or when you tow is the front to low. I'm sure the compartments are not sealed tight, if you can raise the bow up soak up as much water as you can and let it air dry, I wouldn't go drilling holes anywhere without the advise of a service dept. unless you feel completely confident in what you are doing.

OK, but what about when it rains?

The boat seems to ride pretty level on the trailer, and I make sure the bow is up and the center and transom drain plugs are out when its parked. I didn't see any drain holes when I looked, but maybe they are carpeted over?

OK, but what about when it rains?

The boat seems to ride pretty level on the trailer, and I make sure the bow is up and the center and transom drain plugs are out when its parked. I didn't see any drain holes when I looked, but maybe they are carpeted over?

Don't let the boat sit out while it rains, use the cover and I would check the carpet but I don't think that is what is blocking water getting trapped, Mine have some pretty big openings where you can see through (approx. 1 square inch). I acutally ran my stereo wire through there, which I will loom and insulate soon. You can poke around with a small screw driver and see what you find.