Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 RLXI

I have been having problems with my depth finder, on my 2006 RLXI, some time it works and some times it does not. If the boat it sitting it will work for a few seconds and then start blinking and stay blinking. It seems that when people move in the boat especially to the back of the boat it will work for a few seconds. Other times it will jump to 400 feet (in 10 feet of water) and stick there. I have also tried to turn the shallow warning off but everytime I re-start the boat it is on and beeping. Does this need to be taken to the dealer or is there a way to fix this on my own?

I have been having problems with my depth finder, on my 2006 RLXI, some time it works and some times it does not. If the boat it sitting it will work for a few seconds and then start blinking and stay blinking. It seems that when people move in the boat especially to the back of the boat it will work for a few seconds. Other times it will jump to 400 feet (in 10 feet of water) and stick there. I have also tried to turn the shallow warning off but everytime I re-start the boat it is on and beeping. Does this need to be taken to the dealer or is there a way to fix this on my own?

I have the exact same boat and the exact same problem. The lake I water tested it worked fine. That is a more clear lake. The lake I have my boat at now is pretty nasty and dark. It works sometimes but most of the time it is giving me the shallow alarm and I know I am in 7-10 feet. I have had it jump to 400 feet also and just stay there till I turn it off. It is driving me nuts. I just press E constantly and tell it to shut up. I use the force. I was going to address it again. Maybe someone on here will know.

Kevin