Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So many problems w/ 06 VLX I have to swtich...

wakecrashin

If he was a supporting Crew member I would save his dignity and close this thread. This is my view only and not Tracie's BTW. Dontknow.gif

IMO...he was talking without thinking what this site would do to him for even suggesting switching to CC. He must have been trying to threaten someone by his wanting to switch. Maybe Malibu, maybe his dealer although he is about to line the dealer's pockets again. I am pretty sure, from past people dragging their problems like this over the internet, that it will in fact, not help his situation at all.

Here's hoping that he will stick with Malibu and eventually join this site with a better outlook, I'm sure we will all welcome him here and laugh about this later. If not, I'm sure Planetnautique.com will welcome him with open arms. They're good people over there too.

BTW...I'm out of the bidding, you guys went too high for me. :werule:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wakecrashin

• vlx wakesetter

• tgaugh

• stewart

60 hrs on boat... Bought last June!

Problem- Blame

Trasnmission leak due to Bad gasket on tranny-Malibu

Trasmission leak at strainer- Dealer

High Idle, updated ECM, Malibu

High Idle, cant pin point happens 1-2 times an outing- Fault??

Power Wedge switch Inop- Malibu

Power Wedge actuator rusted and froze- Malibu

Check Engine light - Malibu

No throttle, only forward idle and reverse--Malibu (known problem)

Dead battery- My fault

Dealer 60 miles away-My fault for moving to Baltimore hwere your very limited on boat dealers.

My only two comments.

1) This is a Malibu site first, boating site second. I wouldn't come here to ask everyone to rave about a new Mastercraft if I bought one. I'd go to the Mastercraft site.

2) I've heard it said a lot. The work done at Malibu will sell you your first Malibu. The dealer's service will sell you your second. If you're not getting good service, you're not going to want to use them for your second CC either.

Ah, what are you saying? It was wrong of me to post pics and reviews of my X-15? :)

Speaking as someone who has recently made a switch, sometimes there are just things that leave a bad taste in your mouth. I personally don'tt think the issues the OP has had are that major, but then some people would say my reasons for switching weren't mahor either. I guess things can become major in your mind, and then it may be time to take action. Assuming the OP isn't a troll, he has had enough and wants to go another direction. Its not necessarily always 100% logical, but its his money, and he can spend it how he wants. I personally think he'll be disappointed in the 210, but thats for him to figure out. A lot of people said I'd be disappointed in my X-15 too, and so far, I'm not.

One thing I will warn on the CC's - there are huge price differences between stripped and loaded models (from what I saw at the boat show, etc), so be careful that you're getting the deal you think you're getting.

60 hrs on boat... Bought last June!

Problem- Blame

Trasnmission leak due to Bad gasket on tranny-Malibu

Trasmission leak at strainer- Dealer

High Idle, updated ECM, Malibu

High Idle, cant pin point happens 1-2 times an outing- Fault??

Power Wedge switch Inop- Malibu

Power Wedge actuator rusted and froze- Malibu

Check Engine light - Malibu

No throttle, only forward idle and reverse--Malibu (known problem)

Dead battery- My fault

Dealer 60 miles away-My fault for moving to Baltimore hwere your very limited on boat dealers.

Trasnmission leak due to Bad gasket on tranny-Malibu...... Walker V-Drive? Last time I checked Malibu, CC, MC, etc. use the same transimssions.

Trasmission leak at strainer- Dealer.... Yes.gif

High Idle, updated ECM, Malibu..... Indmar

High Idle, cant pin point happens 1-2 times an outing- Fault??...... Not a Big Deal, wouldn't have stopped me from boating

Power Wedge switch Inop- Malibu..... Malibu and or blown fuse :)

Power Wedge actuator rusted and froze- Malibu ....... Malibu

Check Engine light - Malibu..... Indmar, came on because of your problem with the throttle.

No throttle, only forward idle and reverse--Malibu (known problem)....... Indmar, sensor out of alignment. Part of the safety feature of the boat. when mine went out, you could still restart it and it would usually reset. Easy fix if your dealer knows what he is doing.

Leaky transmission could have been taken care of at next service. High idle would not have stopped me from boating, again I would have just waited for next service or if an issue like the throttle or wedge came up. The wedge not working, that does suck, but the wedge is a new item and the bugs aren't quite worked out, i guess. Malibu will take care of you here. The throttle sensor is a known issue for both Mastercraft and Malibu. In fact, both Malibu and Mastercraft use Indmar, and form what you've listed most of your problems are coming from Indmar supplied equipment. So, I would pass on Mastercraft as well :)

These are relatively minor items. Most of which the dealer could have fixed quickly, IMHO. I sure hope they know there way around a Nautique better :)

I am going to have to agree with Stewart and Ronnie here, this are some minor issues, that certainly do not warrant 8 pages and two threads. None of these would not stop boating till my next services.

I would definitely TAMF to the next brand, but from your expectations and the dealers inadequacy you might just be disappointed Whistling.gif

Well I must say I was entertained today by this thread, anyone else care to comment?

If he was a supporting Crew member I would save his dignity and close this thread. This is my view only and not Tracie's BTW. Dontknow.gif

IMO...he was talking without thinking what this site would do to him for even suggesting switching to CC. He must have been trying to threaten someone by his wanting to switch. Maybe Malibu, maybe his dealer although he is about to line the dealer's pockets again. I am pretty sure, from past people dragging their problems like this over the internet, that it will in fact, not help his situation at all.

Here's hoping that he will stick with Malibu and eventually join this site with a better outlook, I'm sure we will all welcome him here and laugh about this later. If not, I'm sure Planetnautique.com will welcome him with open arms. They're good people over there too.

BTW...I'm out of the bidding, you guys went too high for me. :werule:

Well said, although I have a hard time believing that this kind of thing would happen with a paid member. Last time I looked at this thread was this morning & it was still on 2 pages. Wow.

FWIW, we have a lot of members that don't own Malibus or don't even own a boat. All are welcome & we've even had a few members jump ship to switch brands & we (for the most part) all took it in stride. The difference here is that you appear to be convinced that switching brands is the answer when in fact you need to be switching dealers. We've all tried telling you that until we're blue in the face, to no avail. I truly wish you well on this, but I suspect that you're going to continue feeding that dealer. And the really sad part is that he probably knows it.

You've been asked before but didn't answer. Have you contacted Malibu directly? If so, what was their response? If not, why?

You've been asked before but didn't answer. Have you contacted Malibu directly? If so, what was their response? If not, why?

He didn't contact Malibu, doesn't plan on contacting Malibu, and doesn't want to get this worked out. He came to the forum and started complaining in 2 separate threads. He didn't want answers, just wanted to complain.

Disclaimer: The above is opinion only, my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

A guy on my dock just bought a loaded (although it is only the MCX) X-star for 69K. Nice looking boat, love the swivel racks on the tower.

He asked if he could surf behind my LSV. Thumbup.gif

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Oh yeah, quit razzing this guy. There are lots of people looking for used Bu's with nothing wrong with them. I wish he would 3-4 more.

BTW - if you are trading it for 49.5, which you state is 3K less than what you paid new, you bought the VLX for 52.5. I am sure the CC 210 will not be any more than that, right? Whistling.gif

I am going to chime in here. This is a very reputable dealer. They are top notch, and all of the people that work there have engineering backgrounds. I as well as many other TMC members on here, have bought boats there and have been more than happy with the dealer. This was the same dealer that messed up my color scheme (new salesman) and was willing to order another boat, just to swap out the interior, with no questions asked. The fact is, wakecrashin, has had a string of bad luck. Its not the dealer, you just got a bad boat, and it sucks, but I think you need to get your problems resolved one way or another. Wakecrashin has convinced everyone on this thread, that this is a bad dealer, and I am surprised no one else who uses this dealer, has stood up to defend them. They are a great dealer, and they even came to my house today to pick my boat up for service, for free. All I had to to was coordinate with the sales guy making a delivery of a new boat, to swing by and grab mine on the way back. I don't think wakecrashin is handling himself properly with the dealer, and is not realizing that it is a boat. Things break all the time, thats why people call them "holes you pour money into" Stuff happens, you have to have a lot of patience to own a boat in my mind, and while I have not had problems with my Bu yet, I have with other boats, and you have to have patience, and know that in the end, it will all be worth it. Even, if that means they need to give you another boat, which I am sure they would do eventually, if the problems are not resolved. I chose Malibu over other brands, because of the dealer reputation, even thought they are almost 2 hrs away, when I have an MC dealer 15 min down the road.

Also, Wakecrashin,

there are a whole crew of us in the area with Bus, who you can come out with anytime, until you get yours fixed.

Edited by lib135

Let me set the record real CLEAR. I mentioned that 1 thing wrong was the dealers fault, it happens. The rest of the Problems are Malibu, Indmar and whoever there tranny manufacturing peeps are. If I really didnt like the dealer do you really even think that Id buy a CC from them?

I have tried to convince everyone on here i have a bad boat, everyone on here says I have a bad dealer so.... blame them

Bryan is doing eveytihng in his power to help me. Let me state again for the record, I approached them about a CC because Im tired of this boat (bu) and Im tired of having to bring it in to fix it.. Period. I have not mentioned anything about the actual service, this entire thread is about the "my" malibu Boat being a Lemon!

per stewart:

Trasnmission leak due to Bad gasket on tranny-Malibu...... Walker V-Drive? Last time I checked Malibu, CC, MC, etc. use the same transimssions.

Trasmission leak at strainer- Dealer....

High Idle, updated ECM, Malibu..... Indmar

High Idle, cant pin point happens 1-2 times an outing- Fault??...... Not a Big Deal, wouldn't have stopped me from boating

Power Wedge switch Inop- Malibu..... Malibu and or blown fuse

Power Wedge actuator rusted and froze- Malibu ....... Malibu

Check Engine light - Malibu..... Indmar, came on because of your problem with the throttle.

No throttle, only forward idle and reverse--Malibu (known problem)....... Indmar, sensor out of alignment. Part of the safety feature of the boat. when mine went out, you could

Edited by wakecrashin
I understand your frustration with problems on a new 'bu; like people have stated "every boat manufacture has it's problems" and I don't think the solution is to run to a different manufacture but maybe try a different dealer. That's the wrong attitude to think that brand X is going to be perfect or better in all ways, but I hope that your final decision is the best for you and not what everybody else thinks. Good luck!!!!

I agree, but what do I do. There are 2 dealers within 3 hours from me.

Correct Craft/ malibu dealer- where i bought my Bu'

Mastercraft- Cant afford and Xstar. now way im paying $70K+ for a 22ft boat.

Either way, any boat will need maintenace and have to go in. I cant justify paying almost $15 more for the same (betteror worse boat).

Im stuck and the dealer is def going to work with me on my trade ($3000 less than i paid for it) + 15% off new boat for all the hassles.

Owner of dealer is def doing what he can to help me, I feel.

read the last line

What? I was wishing you well, no sarcasm intended at all. Do I just need to close the thread because you can't get people to tell you what you want to hear, that the 210 is a fantastic boat & worth every penny? (there's your sarcasm) You asked about a CC on a site that is mainly Malibu related. How many people did you honestly expect to be able to give an informed, honest, objective opinion on that?

this entire thread is about the "my" malibu Boat being a Lemon!

Dude, you think your boat is a Lemon just because of a 4 minor items. I outlined above that several of the items you listed were linked to the same. So let see, you've really only had 4 issues: leakey v-drive, high idle, wedge didn't work and the throttle sensor went out. 3 of the 4 should have been repaired by your dealer. Also, many boat companies use the same equipment so its really not fair to say its Malibu's fault. Its just luck of the draw. The The wedge is the only unique item used by Malibu so thats there problem. When you bought the 06 I'm sure you were notified by the dealer or did some research and found out that was a new item, right? :lol:

I have had 4 Bu's and 1 runabout, 11 +/- PWC, 3 travel trailers a and a class A motor coach. Each one of those purchases had some sort of issues in the first year. My motorhome went in 5 times in the first year for minor warranty repairs and it cost 3 times your BU. Was it a Lemon? NO. Just needed some bugs worked out.

Right now, I am just thinking you are being a bit of a whiner, to put it lightly. 60 hours and 4 minor issues Cry.gif Move on already. If you think your Malibu is a Lemon trade it already..... There must be a Nautique on the floor. You've posed your question about which Nautique to get on planetnautique.com maybe they can help you.

BTW, if you want to talk Lemons, lets discuss 3 blown engines in less than 34 hours (one happened in the 10 minutes after we launched on Fathers Day with a boat full of family), (5) 2-1/2 hour trips to the dealer, and 2 loaner boats (my boat was down for over 3 months). Now that was a Lemon :lol:;)ROFL.gif;)

Edited by stewart
What? I was wishing you well, no sarcasm intended at all. Do I just need to close the thread because you can't get people to tell you what you want to hear, that the 210 is a fantastic boat & worth every penny? (there's your sarcasm) You asked about a CC on a site that is mainly Malibu related. How many people did you honestly expect to be able to give an informed, honest, objective opinion on that?

Rockon.gif

Go to the mastercraft site and ask them for their opinions on the 210. They should be more helpful than us.

Things happen, our dealership is no exception. What really matters is how it is dealt with, on both ends.

I can't help but think you were way off course with....

"So many problems w/ 06 VLX I have to swtich..., Anyone been behind the 07 Super Air Team 210???"

That's a PN question, not a TMC question.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Ok here it is for the record because I'm guessing you need one of us to say it so I will for the sake of this whole forum. "I believe you should go buy the CC 210 because it is the best, you are the best, and your dealer is the best. ROFL.gif Come on dude at this point you've belittled everyone's boat on here to some degree basically stating that Malibu sucks, you won't listen to anyone's advice that they give you, you started this thread for the simple reason of asking what we thought of the situation and in turn all you want to do is argue with everyone. Stewart, myself, wakegirl, Madmanacrossthewater, LSone and everyone else has tried to help you but if you didn't want the advice next time don't start a thread asking for opinions. As Tracie stated "Good Luck" , by the way did you buy that thing yet? The weekend is almost here and the summer is only getting shorter, i'm sure your dealer can do lake delivery tomorrow morning for you to have sat-sun.

Edited by vlx wakesetter

Nope but let me tell you I rode behind that 210 tonight and the quality/ wake/ surf wake of the boat blows my 06'VLX out of the water. Just being honest.

If most of you were normal peeps you says thats cool Im glad you like it, but you A holes on this site are all about how your Bu' is the great test thing ever. And you know what thats great, its your Bu', Im happy for you. Im a GM guy but Im glad all you guys like your Fords/ Dodges..... My friends boat is a great malibu with 0 problems, mine isnt. And just because its a malibu site we cant talk about anything else? Oh thats right.... we can talk about anything else but another boat name...

As far as bitching??? Like none of you have bitched on this site before????

And the funny thing is not matter how rude/ ignorant to open discussion some (only some) of you are, if you were stranded out on the lake in your Bu and I was in anything other, I would still go out of my way to help you out. it just a shame that some of you continue to bash, anyones Non-Bu comment!

Malibu. Mastercraft, MB, Tige..... Who gives s*** what brand you or I own... we all go out onto the same water, do the same tricks, drink the same beer.......

Ok here it is for the record because I'm guessing you need one of us to say it so I will for the sake of this whole forum. "I believe you should go buy the CC 210 because it is the best, you are the best, and your dealer is the best. ROFL.gif Come on dude at this point you've belittled everyone's boat on here to some degree basically stating that Malibu sucks, you won't listen to anyone's advice that they give you, you started this thread for the simple reason of asking what we thought of the situation and in turn all you want to do is argue with everyone. Stewart, myself, wakegirl, Madmanacrossthewater, LSone and everyone else has tried to help you but if you didn't want the advice next time don't start a thread asking for opinions. As Tracie stated "Good Luck" , by the way did you buy that thing yet? The weekend is almost here and the summer is only getting shorter, i'm sure your dealer can do lake delivery tomorrow morning for you to have sat-sun.

I appreciate your opions, if listend to what everyone said, i would fix me 06', buy a 210, and buy a Xstar...... Your opinions are noted, sorry I dont always agree with eveything you have said. I like blue you like red, who cares!

Mod--close this, we've run over this cat numerous times, it's dead, and will likely now get much worse if left open.

Edited by jayjoans
Mod--close this, we've run over this cat numerous time, it's dead, and will likely now get much worse if left open.

I totally agree, It was locked yesterday evening but I don't know why it was left open?

Edited by vlx wakesetter