Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So many problems w/ 06 VLX I have to swtich...

wakecrashin

After some research the only other option, in my price range is an X2.

You do realize that MC uses the same fly by wire that Malibu uses.......

I had a problem with my fly by wire in the first couple of months of use. My dealers repair center is also an MC repair center. They knew what the problem was right away, since MC has had fly by wire for an extra year. Just a faulty sensor, which causes the boat to go into limp mode. My boat was in and out within a week and I have never had a problem since, 109 hours. Rockon.gif I had let a few others on this board know about this problem, cuz the dealers have not all seen this. And each time its been a sensor. Maybe your dealer needs to be schooled :)

Nautique uses PCM (as does Tige) which has been a good engine package.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wakecrashin

• vlx wakesetter

• tgaugh

• stewart

I could be wrong, but there just seems to be a whole lot of whining going on here. Find a new dealer (so it might be a little bit of a drive), get your problems fixed, and get out and enjoy it....or sell it and never boat again cause it might give your problems Crazy.gif

I think this JD Powers thing was discussed on this site a while back. The consensus was that the VAST majority of new 'bu owners on this site was never contacted by JD Powers. If JD Powers did not solicit information from owners on, arguably, one of the largest Malibu resources on the planet, where exactly are they getting their information? :unsure:

I could be wrong, but there just seems to be a whole lot of whining going on here. Find a new dealer (so it might be a little bit of a drive), get your problems fixed, and get out and enjoy it....or sell it and never boat again cause it might give your problems Crazy.gif

I agree. To the OP: This is a Malibu site for the most part and I, for one, am tired of hearing what a POS our Malibu's are. If yours isn't what you think it should be, buy something else. Everyone has tried to tell you to get Malibu involved if your dealer isn't meeting your expectations. If you don't give Malibu a chance to help you, you can't blame them for your problems with the boat. I have looked at the other brands and I personally would not trade my Malibu for any of them.

I agree. To the OP: This is a Malibu site for the most part and I, for one, am tired of hearing what a POS our Malibu's are. If yours isn't what you think it should be, buy something else. Everyone has tried to tell you to get Malibu involved if your dealer isn't meeting your expectations. If you don't give Malibu a chance to help you, you can't blame them for your problems with the boat. I have looked at the other brands and I personally would not trade my Malibu for any of them.

Plus1.gif

You've made up your mind regardless what everyone on this thread has told you so it's Thursday now, you still have time to go to the same dealer that your having problems with and buy that Correct Craft to have for the weekend. You said you've been without a boat so what are you waiting for, summer is only getting shorter.

This is a boating forum for people looking for insight and info, just happens to be a Malibu site. Does everyone on here own a Malibu? No! (Not for everyone) So Im sorry you got your panites in a bunch over me asking questions about another boat. If you dont like what I post dont read it. Ill be glad to respond to anything that is Malibu or Not Malibu related because this is a boating forum about boats period. Guranteed some of you belong to Team MC, Planet Nautique, Wakeworld... why? So you can get a concensus in the boating world, like I am doing here. When you all Non Bu haters starting bashing people for not liking their Bu', you start thrashing them. How about thrashing the boat that wont stay in the water? Oh wait, you have your Bu' so high on a pedestal it could do no wrong.

I access this forum alot for info in general, as do most of you. If you have a problem with your boat you complain and does everyone else.

If you had a bucket with $50000 in it and it continued to leak all your money out after you continue to fix it multiple times, woulndt you buy a new bucket? Or should I give it another chance?

To those being respectful with there opinons I thank you.

Edited by wakecrashin

It's not an issue over brands here "whether it is I don't know" but we have all stated the fact that this is a total dealer issue and not a boat issue, I understand other dealers are way out of your way but that's what needs to be done if your closest dealer can't fix these issues your having. It would be different if you were going to a different dealer to buy a correct craft, but that's not the case here. We're all just trying to look out for you and give some insight on how to deal with it and not bash you or another brand. I mean come on, yes if I had a leaky bucket of course I would replace it but your dealer is the bucket in this situation so the dealer is what needs to be changed out. Why keep dropping money into a leaky dealer only for that dealer to leak more when you buy something else. Basically you asked for everyone's opinion here they said what everyone's saying and your still going to do what you wanted to do in the first place.

Edited by vlx wakesetter

I for one, researched boats for over 2 years. Malibu by far had the best fit and finish, they have the same basic warranties and most OEM's buy the same basic drive products. I wasn't a Malibu fan at first, I was CC all the way and that's what I had my heart set on, after spending the time Malibu won hands down. Price was better, I liked the Illusion tower and the wedge option by far makes it the most diverse boat out there. It's really simple, you have to know what you want and believe in it. I have sworn by Dodge/Chevy/Pontiac all basically "General Motors" except Dodge but they make a good product for a good price, I owned a WS6 Trans Am and said I wouldn't own another Pontiac, sold it now own a GTO and wouldn't buy anything but "american" made. My point is, I hope you don't have the same trouble with your next boat but it could happen and that's just luck. Switching brands isn't going to change that, I hope you get what makes you happy but I have had no regrets of owning my Malibu. It has to be the best purchase I have ever made Thumbup.gif

It's not an issue over brands here "whether it is I don't know" but we have all stated the fact that this is a total dealer issue and not a boat issue, I understand other dealers are way out of your way but that's what needs to be done if your closest dealer can't fix these issues your having. It would be different if you were going to a different dealer to buy a correct craft, but that's not the case here. We're all just trying to look out for you and give some insight on how to deal with it and not bash you or another brand. I mean come on, yes if I had a leaky bucket of course I would replace it but your dealer is the bucket in this situation so the dealer is what needs to be changed out. Why keep dropping money into a leaky dealer only for that dealer to leak more when you buy something else. Basically you asked for everyone's opinion here they said what everyone's saying and your still going to do what you wanted to do in the first place.

(wakecrashin) You could just move closer to where there are more dealers Tease.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

Boat market is a little different because lack of dealers. If this was a car we prob wouldnt be having this conversation. It is just when you are limited on where you are go to get a boat and where it HAS to be serviced it becomes a whole different issue.

Boat market is a little different because lack of dealers. If this was a car we prob wouldnt be having this conversation. It is just when you are limited on where you are go to get a boat and where it HAS to be serviced it becomes a whole different issue.

This may have been answered before, but where are you from?

Boat market is a little different because lack of dealers.

So your dealer is assuring you that if you have any problems with their other line (Ski Nautique, I think) that they will be able to address them to your satisfaction, as they have not been able to do with their Malibu line?

Don't get me wrong, I don't care what kind of boat you own. I personally don't feel Malibu (or any other brand, for that matter) is the best across the board. But I have one (a Malibu) and that's why I'm a member of this group.

But you seem to be locked in to this particular dealer, who will not/can not get you taken care of with your current boat, so they offer to purchase yours and sell you a new one of a different brand, and this seems to be what will satify you.

If your new Ski Nautique shows up 100% problem free, consider yourself one of the lucky ones. If it doesn't, and your dealer can't resolve the issues (as per his track record with you & your Malibu), what's next? Does he carry another line of boat?

Do you have a local MC dealership that is not connected to the Bu/CC dealership?

I don't think anyone is defending Malibu... Malibu has most certainly made some lemons. I know because a good friend of mine owns a boat that was bought back from Malibu. Malibu can and has done wrong, so has CC, MC, Supra, Moomba, Sanger, MB and so on.

It honestly doesn't seem like your dealership is capable of taking care of you, and while he is acting very charming towards you, his motives seem very transparent. You can get whatever bucket you want, but realize that if the SERVICE has SUCKED with your Bu' the SERVICE will SUCK with your CC as well. As someone else stated, it seems that the dealership is the leaky bucket, it seems like he has been incapable to fix some very minor problems with your boat. Then he's turning around and making even MORE money off of you. I don't doubt for an instant that if he wasn't planning on making another boatload of cash on your trade in+ selling you a new boat he would not be so sympathetic.

We all feel your pain, we had an 11 month old SAN totaled on the way to the lake last year through another driver's negligence and failure to check tongue/trailer weight for his marginal hitch. We had to scramble to get a new boat before the summer started.

It sucks and I think we all "get it" but at the same time it seems like you're not even giving Malibu a chance to correct the problem for you.

Think about this:

What if you do have problems with the CC. IF the dealer takes care of those issues better than he is taking care of the Malibu issues, he is a discriminatory dealer and should have Malibu removed immediately. This whole thing sounds like he is just trying to suck more money out of you for another brand of boat.

Think about this:

What if you do have problems with the CC. IF the dealer takes care of those issues better than he is taking care of the Malibu issues, he is a discriminatory dealer and should have Malibu removed immediately. This whole thing sounds like he is just trying to suck more money out of you for another brand of boat.

Plus1.gif

Guest J-Ro

Seriously your dealer sucks. Any decent dealer would give a loaner for every weekend you wanted instead of being a putz and buying you dinner. This place is playing you for a fool.

IMO the dealer is sitting good right now. He has his VLX which Malibu will pay him for the warranty work and the dealer is also going to get his second go around customer. The weird part is that Malibu sets dedicated times on warranty repair for everything so if it's taking longer than Malibu will pay him for he's losing money at that point and with the boat sitting on his lot taking up space only to have another brand new boat in it's place just doesn't make sense.

4 pages of it man, it's a dealer issue not a Malibu issue.

PS: 42.5, high as I am going, but LS-One is gonna have to inspect it before we come get it.

4 pages of it man, it's a dealer issue not a Malibu issue.

PS: 42.5, high as I am going, but LS-One is gonna have to inspect it before we come get it.

Thumbup.gif That's great!!! I've even got plenty of time to help with the inspection. See if he can throw in some lines, boards, gas, vests, ect....

That's a good point, I didn't even think about accessories. With the way that things being taken care of it better have a spare tire or I'll never get it to the house, er, shop, er, dealer I mean.

I'll go $43K and I'll even pay for the flight out so I can sell it back to the dealer that was going to give him, can't remember $49K Rockon.gif

Edit: $49.5K so I can even go as high as $43.5K and that's it

I say $6K is enough to fly out, rent a truck, hook it up, drive to the dealer and say give me my money. Maybe spend a few day out there seeing the sights Beer.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

Thanks a lot 68, I could have used this for parts. His dealer sure is setting him up to think it's part, but "hey, I got this 210 over here" hahahhaa

PS: 68, you're just mad cause my boats cleaner than yours.