Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So many problems w/ 06 VLX I have to swtich...

wakecrashin

Changing boat companys all together becuase Im tired of dealing with problems (deisgn/craftmanship/QA) related w/ Malibu. Anyone rode beind the new Super Air Nautique Team Edition 210. Did you like?

For any hardcore Bu' fans Im sorry for posting over here, but I paid $53K for a Bu' I cant even use. Youd understand if you were in my boat.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wakecrashin

• vlx wakesetter

• tgaugh

• stewart

Just out of curiosity, are you going to sell it with all the problems existing, or have them all fixed and then sell it ?

Changing boat companys all together becuase Im tired of dealing with problems (deisgn/craftmanship/QA) related w/ Malibu. Anyone rode beind the new Super Air Nautique Team Edition 210. Did you like?

For any hardcore Bu' fans Im sorry for posting over here, but I paid $53K for a Bu' I cant even use. Youd understand if you were in my boat.

Sorry that your VLX was such a lemon. (Unfortunately it happens, every manufacturer has a few). Good luck with the new 210. I've heard very mixed reviews on that hull, so definitely demo it. CC's build quality is second to none IMO. The 220 has gotten better reviews so far, but it is also much more expensive than the 210.

However it is still a 100% hand made product, keep that in mind, especially when choosing a dealership.

36 can drive to pick up

And that black & pink beauty gets handed down to the chick with the staples in her head. Love.gifWhistling.gif

You know, I could be wrong, but I think Lemon Laws apply to boats also. Before you sell this boat, see if that's true and if you have a case. You might be able to get a replacement or credit towards another boat.

Check out a MC X-15. So far I have been very happy with mine. I think the 210 is going to feel like a step down, given that it feels a lot smaller.

Check out a MC X-15. So far I have been very happy with mine. I think the 210 is going to feel like a step down, given that it feels a lot smaller.

What does a nicely loaded X-15 go for?

Sorry lowballers, im getting $49,500 on trade. And yes the dealers will fix everything, under warranty before it is sold.

Sorry that your VLX was such a lemon. (Unfortunately it happens, every manufacturer has a few). Good luck with the new 210. I've heard very mixed reviews on that hull, so definitely demo it. CC's build quality is second to none IMO. The 220 has gotten better reviews so far, but it is also much more expensive than the 210.

However it is still a 100% hand made product, keep that in mind, especially when choosing a dealership.

Actually the 220 is @$500 more than the 210. yes thats five hundred dollars more according to MSRP. Why I have no idea???

Depends on where you are located in terms of X-15 price - but I think you should be around 60 for one w/ MCX and decently equipped (tower speakers, etc will start to add up quick on top of that). Where are you located?

Depends on where you are located in terms of X-15 price - but I think you should be around 60 for one w/ MCX and decently equipped (tower speakers, etc will start to add up quick on top of that). Where are you located?

I live in MD near Baltimore.

No offense WC. From your other threads it sounds to me like you've got a dealer issue. And since you're going to be buying from the same dealer that sold you the Malibu why do you think you'll have a better experience?

What's the definition of insanity?

Anyone, anyone...

I can only hope that this new boat, whatever the make, has no issues. Otherwise you'll be back in the same saddle.

Good luck.

I understand your frustration with problems on a new 'bu; like people have stated "every boat manufacture has it's problems" and I don't think the solution is to run to a different manufacture but maybe try a different dealer. That's the wrong attitude to think that brand X is going to be perfect or better in all ways, but I hope that your final decision is the best for you and not what everybody else thinks. Good luck!!!!

No offense WC. From your other threads it sounds to me like you've got a dealer issue. And since you're going to be buying from the same dealer that sold you the Malibu why do you think you'll have a better experience?

Anyone, anyone...

I can only hope that this new boat, whatever the make, has no issues. Otherwise you'll be back in the same saddle.

Good luck.

Plus1.gif

Anyone, anyone...

Good luck.

I forgot about that, the Maliboo just scared him off. Like I said he'll be back when he finds that MC / CC is no better than bu.

I understand your frustration with problems on a new 'bu; like people have stated "every boat manufacture has it's problems" and I don't think the solution is to run to a different manufacture but maybe try a different dealer. That's the wrong attitude to think that brand X is going to be perfect or better in all ways, but I hope that your final decision is the best for you and not what everybody else thinks. Good luck!!!!

I agree, but what do I do. There are 2 dealers within 3 hours from me.

Correct Craft/ malibu dealer- where i bought my Bu'

Mastercraft- Cant afford and Xstar. now way im paying $70K+ for a 22ft boat.

Either way, any boat will need maintenace and have to go in. I cant justify paying almost $15 more for the same (betteror worse boat).

Im stuck and the dealer is def going to work with me on my trade ($3000 less than i paid for it) + 15% off new boat for all the hassles.

Owner of dealer is def doing what he can to help me, I feel.

You could be patient & get your boat fixed instead of bowing to instant gratification & the need to have a boat right now. Yes, it could go just right & you could get a boat that is turn key. Or you could be throwing good money after bad. Either way, you'll need to work with this dealer. This is JMO, but if he's so willing to work with you on a deal like that he should be willing to work with you on fixing your boat. If he's not, then it's worth driving to a dealer that will. Buying a boat from the same dealer....what's that saying? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

Correct Craft/ malibu dealer- where i bought my Bu'

Mastercraft- Cant afford and Xstar. now way im paying $70K+ for a 22ft boat.

Either way, any boat will need maintenace and have to go in. I cant justify paying almost $15 more for the same (betteror worse boat).

Im stuck and the dealer is def going to work with me on my trade ($3000 less than i paid for it) + 15% off new boat for all the hassles.

Owner of dealer is def doing what he can to help me, I feel.

Well I think you answered your own question, sounds like the dealer is wanting to work with you but keep in mind that when you buy a Correct Craft he's going to do all the maintenance on it so as far as him fixing your VLX I know you've had issues. Ask yourself this, can you trust your dealer to stand by your side on this new purchase or is he going to let you down AGAIN??? I would do one of two things, one would be get your VLX fixed and be done with it or two get rid of your VLX and go to a totally different dealer and buy what you think is right for you. There's really nothing wrong with your VLX because it's under warranty and I couldn't justify selling it to buy something else with that in mind.

You could be patient & get your boat fixed instead of bowing to instant gratification & the need to have a boat right now. Yes, it could go just right & you could get a boat that is turn key. Or you could be throwing good money after bad. Either way, you'll need to work with this dealer. This is JMO, but if he's so willing to work with you on a deal like that he should be willing to work with you on fixing your boat. If he's not, then it's worth driving to a dealer that will. Buying a boat from the same dealer....what's that saying? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

"instant gratification & the need to have a boat right now"???? Why dont you pay $450 month for something you cant use plus an additional $60 per trip to take the boat to the dealer. Then you we can talk.

You do realize I have not had the boat for 4 weeks this season so far, including memorial Day Weekend. I dont want gratification so much as being able to put hours on my boat!!!!!

Changing boat companys all together becuase Im tired of dealing with problems (deisgn/craftmanship/QA) related w/ Malibu.

Design, Craftsmanship and Quality Assurance don't sound like dealer issues to me.

Design...that's on you... that doesn't change from boat to boat under the Malibu line. Your research (or your dealer) should have steered you away from Malibu if it does not meet your needs.

Craftsmanship...there are lots of people who are very happy with the craftsmanship on their Malibu...unfortunately, you are not one of them. Hopefully, you'll have better luck with another brand.

Quality Assurance...These things happen. You may or may not be better off with another brand. Hopefully, you will not have the issues with the other brand your dealer sells.

But if your dealer can not resolve these issues for you, what makes you think you'll have better luck if you have some issues (any issues) on the other brand they sell? Or are they just trying to sell you another boat?