Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery Warranty

A few weeks ago, both of my batteries died. They were the originals from when I purchased the boat in 9/05. My local dealer replaced the batteries and initially told me they were under warranty. Well, I got a bill yesterday for almost $300 for an electrical check and replacement of the two batteries.

Does anyone know how long the initial battery warranty is? I was under the assumption that it was full replacement for a year or two and then prorata after that. My warranty and manuals are on the boat 100 miles away. Anyone know off the top of their head?

Usually, deep cycle type batteries (except optima) have real short warranties. I suppose the manufacturers know they sit 99% of the time, which kills batteries.

A few weeks ago, both of my batteries died. They were the originals from when I purchased the boat in 9/05. My local dealer replaced the batteries and initially told me they were under warranty. Well, I got a bill yesterday for almost $300 for an electrical check and replacement of the two batteries.

Does anyone know how long the initial battery warranty is? I was under the assumption that it was full replacement for a year or two and then prorata after that. My warranty and manuals are on the boat 100 miles away. Anyone know off the top of their head?

If they told you they were under warranty don't pay the bill. Call them up and explain that to them. Tell them you would have don't it yourself it they weren't under warranty.

I've since learned that most dealers buy their own batteries. My dealer is no exception. The warranty ran out in Sept of last year, so it was out of warranty. I let them know I probably would have opted for a Blue top or similar battery. I may still change them out...not sure if I want to pony up even more for the gels though.