Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

throttle/gear problems

Hey all... Wow, I haven't posted since malibuboatowners.com. :(

Anyways, I was out saturday and boarding all morning. Then went to tie up to have a few cold beverages. :) Then noticed that I had some gear/throttle problems

Forward throttle = forward motion (normal) and can even go WOT if I wanted to.

Neutral= was in gear and forward motion

Reverse= was forward motion

Perfect pass cable was fine and the connections were good (and wounde up tight on the servo).

Throttle cables seemed fine, nothing broken.

Morse control seemed fine and nothing loose on the back.

I had to turn the motor off to troubleshoot and then realized that I couldn't turn the engine back on because the boat was still in gear somehow. I just don't understand it really. I'm assuming my morse throttle control is having some problems, but just can't visually see a problem when I take it off and look at the back.

Also, when I put it in gear (forward and back), the throttle plate engages the tranny as it appears.

Any thoughts???

I had to jump the alt to get the boat back on and to the dock. That was fun!

sounds like the shifter cable is broken or the lever the cable attatches to is loose on the transmission. make sure the transmission lever is tight on the shaft.

make sure the transmission lever is tight on the shaft.

I'd check that first then go from there. I highly doubt it's in the morse control Dontknow.gif but that would be the next thing to look into.

yup, the transmission leverl is tight.

would it be a possibility that it's a transmission problem? I hope not, that would seem very expensive to fix.