Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken wedge

While wakeboarding today my wedge broke, it appears that the bolts holding the wing on sheared off the left side causing the right bracket to bend. Has this happened to anyone else, would this be under warranty? We did not hit anything, maybe this is a good time to upgrade to the floating wedge.

CIMG0949%20(Small).JPG

CIMG0950%20(Small).JPG

CIMG0951%20(Small).JPG

CIMG0952%20(Small).JPG

It has happened to hundreds, if not thousands of wedges. It appears to be a built in defect. Warranty might depend on the age of the boat, etc.

Others may chime in that have first hand experience.

I think Malibu should honer all broken wedges no matter what the year is. It's a defect in craftsmanship which they seem to have finally fixed the issue with the new floating wedge. I understand the wedge is under a tremendous amount of strain but in no way should they be breaking as much as they are. I prefer using my ballast because the wake shape is better in my opinion and drives a lot easier, I'd say we'll use the wedge once or twice the whole season. Good luck on your replacement!!!

I think Malibu should honer all broken wedges no matter what the year is. It's a defect in craftsmanship which they seem to have finally fixed the issue with the new floating wedge. I understand the wedge is under a tremendous amount of strain but in no way should they be breaking as much as they are. I prefer using my ballast because the wake shape is better in my opinion and drives a lot easier, I'd say we'll use the wedge once or twice the whole season. Good luck on your replacement!!!

They should, but they don't....I know from experience :(

Malibu should never gone to only two bolts on each strut.

You would think the would see the error of their ways. Mad.gif

Malibu should never gone to only two bolts on each strut.

You would think the would see the error of their ways. Mad.gif

They started off with two bolts on each side then they went with three to try to resolve the problem, but I think with them welding it together has fixed the issue with it breaking entirely.

Is it just me, or does it look like this wedge was on backwards (or maybe mine is). Shouldn't the "point" of the wedge face forward when the wedge is deployed? It looks the opposite in the photos...

Is it just me, or does it look like this wedge was on backwards (or maybe mine is). Shouldn't the "point" of the wedge face forward when the wedge is deployed? It looks the opposite in the photos...

Plus1.gif

Yup that looks backwards. My wedge broke just like yours last season, but I don't think mine was on backwards. The dealer covered it.

It was on correctly, just look at the tapering on the edges. Optical illusion because of wedge angle, the prop looks like it has a bent blade also but it really does not.

Edited by JustinOSU

My bad...cool illusion, maybe you can illusion it so much that it looks fixed!!! Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of a man while he's down. Good luck with the fix...JSP had one for sale...but I assume he sold it already???