Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you do?

fever5

I guess this is why my dealer has all of those pesky "Dealer of the Year" plaque's hanging on their wall's.. They actually started buying glass cases to put all of the awards in. They ran out of room on the walls Tongue.gifRockon.gifClap.gifTease.gifYahoo.gif
How about a Malibu Crew dealer of the year rating? Maybe we as owners could compile a list of the good, the great and the don't ever go there dealers in the Us and Canada then through popular vote award them appropriately. this would very interesting to see how the customers rate dealers as compared to the factory accolades. Might be some real surprises out there. [u]Dealerships by the people, for the people and awarded acordingly!!![/u] Clap.gif

I know the dealer your talking about and they have been GREAT. It is a super busy time for them right now and I am sure they will fix you right up.

You on the other hand you give they 3 days from receiveing your boat then start bashing them. I know it might be hard but try and relax the people you bash I am sure will talk care of your problems despite you being such a but.

The last couple of posts I've read about this dealer, I think two people have had issues with this same dealer in Ontario. I just had a major issue happen to my brand new VTX, however, my dealer, Tilly's Marine, was right there for me. They really strive hard to treat their customers, (me) like a family member. I am very blessed not only to have a Malibu, but also to have the people at the dealership right there in my time of need.

I have in the past two decades owned seven Malibus and currently have three in the driveway. My 06 response lxi factory promo boat was bought from a dealer in the blue grass state and I now live in Colorado. What an absolute disaster!! This was not a new boat that had to be ordered but rather one that a promo skier had. Signed contract on 4-3-07 and it finally arrived via Osborne transport day before yesterday 5-30-2007. Forty thousand dollars later I have a boat with a new but scratched wakeboard tower, an onboard ballast system dealer added with a non functioning pump, "BIG" scrape on gelcoat at bow that was not there when independent survey was made before purchase, no thousand dollar tower bimini as ordered and the list goes on. Basically this is the worst purchase experience I could have and my phone call now multiple in number to Malibu customer service have not helped yet. Worse yet is items that remain on back order from Malibu as part of the purchase. When I lived in California (So Cal) I had multiple dealings with Tilleys Marine even when they were just a tiny little shop in an industrial park with a showroom slightly bigger than a closet. Never! was there a problem, a hassle or as recently experienced an untruth told. The service department was awesome and incredibly helpful. Before I bought this boat I talked with them at Tilleys about purchasing through them. The out of state thing is a problem for them as it conflicts with Malibu's dealer program. That is certainly understandable. My local dealer in Colorado is better after we reached an "understanding". However this year they coiuld not accomodate me with a new boat due to production allotments. If I wanted one it had to be an in stock model. Wrong colors for me. Opting for a promo boat seemed like a good idea as availiblity was a sure thing. The resulting nightmare was not worth it for sure. If I ever buy another Malibu I am hopeful that my experience will be as good as the ones I have had with Tilleys marine while i was living in So Cal. BTW if any Malibu owner is ever in need of boat transport across the country, I would enthusiatically recommend Osborne Inboard Transport. They did an unbelieveable good job for me and were certainly a bright spot in an otherwise horrible experience. Kyle Osborne, his brother Ken and their Mother and Father all actively particiapate in moving the boats. My boat recieved the greatest of care with them acutally wrapping the boat completely in plastic to protect it during transport. Money well spent with them for sure.

Well the boat was put in our local river for the first time today! It was very exciting! The whole family enjoys it quite a bit! There are some things that still didn't go quite right but all were unavoidable without water testing.

I wish it was last week like planned that we had it out, but from reading feed back on this forum I realize it could have been much much worse. We had a different salesman (the one who tried to make things right) go over things with us, and couldn't have been more pleased. So we're thankful that some change did occur.

Our main boat was previously a Ranger sport model which had a fantastic ride. We have driven in many I/Os over the years as well such as Bayliner, Sea-Ray and Mariah. We couldn't get over how nice the Malibu handled. Pleasantly suprised. The electronic throttle is amazing as was the steering. I couldn't get over how smooth the Indmar motor was. Even the toughest critic (I bet you can guess who that was) has been won over.

Thanks Malibu! Thumbup.gif Thanks to all of you guys as well for your help. Always appreciated.