Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to drive a boat for a wakeboarder

jklein

I had posted some exerpts from an article written in the June 04 WBM on how to drive for a wakeboarder, to create the fewest rollers on your body of water and how to share the water with other boaters. I posted it on wakeworld.com last year, but I can't find it.

Since we may have some new members on here that are just getting started and may not know the ins/outs of how not to power turn and how to share the water, I wish I could find that information.

If anyone has it, please post... else I'll have to try and dig up the back issue.

i just try not to make big, fast, fun power turns when all loaded up. that seems to help a lot.

Edited by madchild

Definatly no power turns to pick up downed riders UNLESS their safety is an issue. I get so sick of having nice water only to have someone drop their skier and whip their boat around sending out rollers. Heck, some people even do a power turn when their skier doesn't get up. Vomit.gif

And the other biggie (should be a no-brainer) The driver drives the boat. He/she is the driver, not the observer. I have seen way to many close calls because the driver wants to watch what is going on behind the boat.

Stay on the gas!!!!!!!!!!! I do not like to experience my bodyweight x 5 on my shoulders because you wanted to slow down a little to cross a tiny wake....Me and the CFO had some good discussions about that when she was learning to drive. Now she'll fling me over some rollers in a heartbeat...I am learning to skip over them now....