Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Duplicate keys

I have only set of keys. I need copies and have been to Lowe's, HD, and Ace where I have only had success with copying the Perko key for the rear lockers. Any option other than the dealer (1 1/2 hours away) to get copies of the ignition and glovebox keys? Thanks.

See my profile for my boat.

I was successful at a local Ace Hardware store. I asked at a local boat dealership (one that doesn't carry performance inboards) and they suggested the Ace down the road. They were helpful and had to look pretty carefully at a couple of different key stocks but they found one that they thought would work so I bought three ignition keys (for future and just in case). Paid about $4.xx.

They wouldn't guarantee they would work but said I could return two and only pay for one if they didn't... great place, I've been back several times for things I could buy much closer... I'm so tired of the useless "help" at DIY warehouses... mots of those folsk are stock people and they usually don't know squat about most of the stuff they carry or sell. (No offense to anyone who may be imployed at a big box, etc)...

Sorry 'bout the mini-rant. Tease.gif

Good Luck!

Home Depot has the correct blanks for all of the keys. I lost a set of factory keys and had a new set made there. No problems.

Thanks all for the input. I will try a legit locksmith, or perhaps a different HD Dontknow.gif . Good to know I don't have to make the dealer trek!