Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wade Cox Slalom Clinic

corey

Learn from the best! Join Wade Cox for a one of a kind slalom ski clinic!

Clinics start at 8:00 a.m. and will run all day. Water and lunch will be provided.

Only 30 spots available so hurry up and make your reservations.

For any questions and all reservations please contact Tyler at Midwest Mastercraft!

763-533-9666!

Oops, not quite all the info I hoped to post.

Event will be held in Minnesota most likely on Lake Auburn unless Quarry allows us their lake. Dates Are July 9, 10 and 11. Limited to 10 people per day, lunch and water included.

What time do I have to get up to be there by 8am if I'm coming from Seattle? I need Wade to fix my ski. When the water warms up the ski takes a dump! Mad.gif

Edited by Rod S
What time do I have to get up to be there by 8am if I'm coming from Seattle?
According to Google Maps you'd have to leave at 8:00 AM...the previous day. Crazy.gif 1666 miles with a 23 hr 41 min drive time. :unsure: Seems like kind of a long drive to dial-in your ski. :lol:

That's like a constant 70 mph isn't it? You didn't give me any potty breaks and I'm kinda a lean guy that has to eat all the time so I need to make a few meal stops. Biggrin.gif

That's like a constant 70 mph isn't it? You didn't give me any potty breaks and I'm kinda a lean guy that has to eat all the time so I need to make a few meal stops.
Ya but I'm guessing you could run a bit above 70 for most of the width of Montana and North Dakota. Yes.gif Not much out there. No.gif
Dang, too bad I just moved from MN. That would be awesome!!!! Mad.gif

Wade does clinics all over the country. I'm betting he does several in California every year. Might be worth looking into...

What time do I have to get up to be there by 8am if I'm coming from Seattle? I need Wade to fix my ski. When the water warms up the ski takes a dump! Mad.gif

Ditto... I love that ski when it's dialed. When it's not, I really don't like it a bit.

What's your set-up Rod? You're still on the Monza, right?

As the water gradually warmed up my buoy count gradually fell off. I've stuck with ~6.840/2.515 but have been everywhere from .73 to .68 HO style DFT. The ski initiates the turn on both sides just fine but it gives me these big radius turns that I didn't have before and I'm way too far down course by the time I hit the wake. At -32 I occasionally get slack hit onside (3 ball) but I'm contributing that to me and not the setup. What I'm not getting that I had before was that tight turn with nice angle out of the turn. I was at .68HO yesterday and that was better but I'm still not lovin it.

What's your set-up Rod? You're still on the Monza, right?

As the water gradually warmed up my buoy count gradually fell off. I've stuck with ~6.840/2.515 but have been everywhere from .73 to .68 HO style DFT. The ski initiates the turn on both sides just fine but it gives me these big radius turns that I didn't have before and I'm way too far down course by the time I hit the wake. At -32 I occasionally get slack hit onside (3 ball) but I'm contributing that to me and not the setup. What I'm not getting that I had before was that tight turn with nice angle out of the turn. I was at .68HO yesterday and that was better but I'm still not lovin it.

0.680" Ouch.

I'll e-mail ya.

OK...so here's what I tried and why I tried it. I kept thinking that it felt like my tail was riding too deep. I'm coming off hard cold water and that's what I was used to. I usually run 9 degrees on the wing and today ran it at 7 just to see what would happen. I got my old friend back. The ski rode level and I had just cruisin turns and ran passes with little effort. I have to relieve the offside turn as the tip finishes low and stays sucked down into the first wake. I'm going to move DFT back to .70 and see how she rides. We had 15 mph winds with 22 mph gusts but I could still tell the ski was riding much better and I didn't miss any tail or headwind passes. Usually I doink either the head or a tail in that kind of wind. Biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Learn from the best! Join Wade Cox for a one of a kind slalom ski clinic!

Clinics start at 8:00 a.m. and will run all day. Water and lunch will be provided.

Only 30 spots available so hurry up and make your reservations.

For any questions and all reservations please contact Tyler at Midwest Mastercraft!

763-533-9666!

Hello:

I have 1999 Malibu Response LX for sale if you know anyone who might be interested. Good Luck

with your clinic.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=1245260

dave