Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

On board equipment

obski

I was thinking of a length of 3/4" or 1" vinyl tubing on the end of a snorkel taped to the tower. Breathe in with mouth, out with nose. --White trash scuba...

Awesome...I love it. :)

I get it now. Wakeboard + as much weight = bigger wake. We ski at a Lake & the boat is 50 yards from our "Travel Trailer" which is set up with a tool department better than my toy shed at home, because you never know what you will need.

Great ideas. I have also used a mask when we dropped some sunglasses at the races.

You guys have some great suggestions and lists. Does anyone have a really complete list of this type of stuff, plus anything else you carry on the boat? I remember seeing a much more extensive list before.

Thanks, Buzz

Great ideas.  I have also used a mask when we dropped some sunglasses at the races. 

You guys have some great suggestions and lists.  Does anyone have a really complete list of this type of stuff, plus anything else you carry on the boat?  I remember seeing a much more extensive list before.

Thanks, Buzz

As noted previously, Doughickey can "weigh in" here with his rather extensive list - including of course a trolling motor.

For safety you could pull the red thingy off the "kill" switch.

I was thinking of a length of 3/4" or 1" vinyl tubing on the end of a snorkel taped to the tower. Breathe in with mouth, out with nose. --White trash scuba...

OK, if you've got a shower you bought from the factory then you have this tubing you seek. I used it yesterday.

I, not paying attention, let my brand new 1100GPH pump off the side of the boat while it was sitting unattended. We looked all over for it in the boat, and the went back to where we were in hopes there was enough air in the tube to keep all of it floating - no go though. Bummer. That pump rocked. Have to order another from WS tonight.

Anyway, I had two 440lb fat sacs in my lockers and no way to empty them.

There's a quick release on the factory installed shower. You can releasee the main extension of tubing - I do this every time to just get all the excess water out. And the shower nozzle is simply screwed on a plastic screw fitting. Screw that off and have someone hold the other end of the tubing and you could easily reach the prop.

- Glad we thought of this Patrick. Without walking through this thread I never would have put it all together. I'm sure I'm going to need it. We could have used it at least twice last season. Once on my boat and once on my friends.

You might be surprised how hard it is to breathe underwater with a snorkel extension made of tubing, even in 18" - 24" of water. Without positive pressure on the supply side it makes for lots of work.

Waterbuggy Posted Today, 06:22 PM

You might be surprised how hard it is to breathe underwater with a snorkel extension made of tubing, even in 18" - 24" of water. Without positive pressure on the supply side it makes for lots of work.

good point. I remember trying this when I was a kid. I thought my lungs collapsed after I breathed out.

You might be surprised how hard it is to breathe underwater with a snorkel extension made of tubing, even in 18" - 24" of water.  Without positive pressure on the supply side it makes for lots of work.

Almost impossible to breathe through a tube at that depth. Here's why:

Assuming your boat draws 20" of water. (Oh no, let's not start the big debate about draft again.) Add another 10" for the depth of your head hitting the bottom of the boat. Then add another 12" to be at the middle of where your lungs are. They are in 42" of water. Water pressure at 33 feet = 1 atmosphere = 14.7 pounds per square inch. So 42" is 3.5 feet = .11 atmosphere = 1.6 pounds per square inch.

So, imagine the area of your chest = 12" X 16" = 192 square inches. Multiply by 1.6 pounds per square inch = 307 pounds.

Imagine trying to breathe with a 300 pound linebacker sitting on your chest.