Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Parrish Photos from WR

martho

that's awesome!! i was wondering what it looked like. i'm not too into slaloming so i don't know--but it seems to me like the spray would be horredous. power to him, that's freakin awesome. we just need to give it some time before someone goes 2 at 43 off, then 3 at 46 off, then....a full set at 55 off!! ha! that would be the day.

that looked like a great party. seemed fun was had by all.

i love that pic of tiger woods at the bottom. cracks me up.

Anybody else think it was a little inappropriate that they posted up all of the party pics? I think the pictures of the "athletes" blatantly drinking alcohol (is that a budweiser even on the dock right after the record?) and partying might not be great for the sport's image, or that the sponsors would be pleased with this. I'm surprised the pics are still up.

No issue with me. F1 drivers, motocross racers, etc spray and drink champagne, the Indy 500 winner drinks milk, what's wrong with drinking a beer? Keep in mind that when your Ski Antique was much, much newer, Coors Light sponsored a national waterski clinic and Budweiser was the lead sponsor of the pro water ski tour.

I could see your point if the record was set behind a CC...The Meloon's would lead a religious pilgrimage back to the CC factory to sit around and drink the kool aid.

I forgot, it was the Bud Pro Tour. I would have never remembered that even though I went to a tour stop in Des Plaines 10-15 years ago on a little park district lake by the Allstate Arena.

I was not on a college ski team, however I understand that the weekend tournaments are mostly about the fun afterward. Judging by the comments/photos Shocking.gif of some of the ski team members on this board, that is just how it is.

Personally, if someone was able to run 1 1/4 @ 43 off, I am more amazed at that effort than I am about a Bud can on the dock. This is a WORLD RECORD. Let him celebrate. If I had a record which I took away from Mapple, who knows what I would do!

Edited by martho

If I had just set a world record and some handed me a "Bud" I'd be pissed. Mad.gif He's right to celebrate, though he should be drinking much better beer, but I tend to agree that posting the pic's may not be the best idea. Sponsor's might not like it.

Budweiser Yuk.gif

the party pics are totally fine. they are extremely tame. i have seen much more....questionable pictures of parties. the sponsors shouldn't have much problem with it. they know [it seems like] 99% of the people that buy their products, drink alcohol.

yeah, he needed a newcastle or sapporo.

yeah, he needed a newcastle or sapporo.

You like the Japanese beer eh? I drank my share of Sapporo and Asahi last week when I was over there. It was good, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about... but of course, I'm spoiled, living in Milwaukee and all. No, I'm not talking Miller either. Biggrin.gif

... but of course, I'm spoiled, living in Milwaukee and all.  No, I'm not talking Miller either.   Biggrin.gif

Yeah, he drinks the good stuff...Old Milwaukee... Crazy.gif

Vomit.gif Sorry, I tried to hold it back...

prolly pbr and hamms too!! lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madchild

should we be concerned due to the fact that we have a world renowned golfer that appeared to have very red eyes. did you see the picutre of tiger, nike would love it. that might send a bad image to people wanting to be a golfer when they grow up to. lighten up with the picture comments. it is the internet dont forget it.

Edited by blake0401