Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Polo Grn VLX Delivered!

TOAST

Love the green ...if I had seen that color before ordering you would have had a twin:-) Crazy.gif

Edited by lroadrunner4me
Hey Toast - What lake are those pics taken on?

We were on the Willamette River near Portland, Oregon.

Thanks to all for the good suggestions on the questions and kind words on the boat!

I'd like to hear from more folks with '05 VLXs on the platform. Does yours angle up like that in the back.

Really looking fwd to getting some time on the boat. Couldn't ask for a better time to take delivery. It's a mini-heatwave for Portland this week with 80's today and forecast for 90's tomorrow! Shocking.gif

As for the remotes, on a multi-remote system, there are two places you need to check:
  • At the headunit - though I'd rule this one out since the main remote is working.
  • At the Y connector(s) - this is where the remote line is split to allow other remotes to connect.

JZ

Right on the money! I just checked all the connections and it was a loose connection at the Y connector just as advertised. Working just fine now.

Thanks!

Dude, I drool over your boat every time you post.

Finally sombody with out red and black.

Yeah, everyone tells me my red/black boat is ugly. Bash.gif

News flash: It is possible to compliment someone without bashing someone else in the process.

---

Toast, very nice ride. It's unique, without being "strange."

As for the platform, I think it's normal. Once you get a little weight/ballast in the boat, it appears more level. I think the slight upward slope keeps it more level once weighted, and out of the water when moving slow (surfing, etc.)

Regarding wake surf boards, I have a CWB Ride, and it's thin enough to fit in the standard wakeboard racks! I do need to lengthen the bungees though.

with those colors and location i'd think you're a duck.  any truth to that?

Madchild -- good detective work. We thought if we included green and black we could appease both UofO and OSU fans somewhat. (really we just liked the colors and kinda wanted to match the Suburban)

But as you guessed I am a Duck -- picked up an exec MBA a few years ago!

Thumbup.gif

Would those people be the ones with pink and lavender bayliners?

Greg

you know that would be sweet. nothing would be greater than ordering a pink and lavender vlx, riding behind it doing blind petes and cab 9's!! i guess that's the only way you'd be able to pull it off...

i have 05vlx, my platform sits the same as yours, once weighted it goes down, I prefer it this way no slipping while puting your board on, only bad thing is that it gets hot if no water runs on top of it.

I love the forest and polo green boats. Very classy and less common than the reds and blues. The best combo IMO is polo green and your suedes and zephyrs. Very cool.

About the platform, I think that may just be the way it's designed on the new VLX. Most of the time, wakeboard boats are running with the bow high and stern low. I'd think you'd want the platform tipped up to be out of the water.

Mine is pretty much the same angle as yours. I checked the mounts and everything looks like it is on right. I never noticed it was that angled until you mentioned it, so no big deal to me. Does not create a problem climbing on or anything. Other ones I have seen recently are about the same.

post-296-1117224383_thumb.jpg

Re-checked my platform today, and it too as at the same angle. Seeing it in the pic vs. real life really emphasized it, but its defeinitely tiled pretty far on y 05 VLX... I took pictures, but my laptop (with the photo sftware) is dead and my charger is in Baltimore...

JZ

Well, 8 hrs into the new boat, the platform seemed to work out just fine.

I'm no longer worried about the angle. People have been able to get in and out easily and after seeing so many other '05 with the same look, I'm now confident it's not a problem.

I've only used teak platforms in the past and I really like the fiberglass.