Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Polo Grn VLX Delivered!

TOAST

Took delivery today! Looking fwd to some more break-in time Thurs Yahoo.gif

Couple pics from the water test with the dealer follow.

The delivery checklist was very helpful. Everything checked out pretty well. I do have a couple questions:

1)don't seem to remember the swim platform tilting up at an angle on other boats. It does 'flatten' out with full tanks and people in the back. Does that look weird to anyone else?

2) The Sony remote display works and synchs with the HU, but the other remote controls don't seem to be working. Looked through the manuals/docs, but don't know what I'm missing. Any suggestions? (searched on remotes w/o any luck)

3) Still deciding how to store the surfboard. I read a few posts suggesting just strapping in on the top of the Illusion X. . . also recall some suggesting putting it in the board racks, or buying a wakesurf rack. I haven't bought my wakesurf board yet. Based on the other board posts I'm leaning toward Broadcast or Skimskate. I can't seem to find trickboardz in local shops.

It looks as though the swim platform is not sitting correctly on the rear brackets. The bracket and the fitting on the platform should mate exactly - the locking pins wouldn't poke through if it is not fully in place.

Found an old MBO post from skicarve that might answer the stereo remote question. I'll check the connections tomorrow night. See if that does the trick.

Skicarve from MBO (Jun 1, 2004)

"There are two cables for the XM10 remotes. One connects to the Uni-LINK BUS and carries the display info, the other connects to the standard Sony wired remote port on the back of the headunit. If the second connector is not inserted, or is partially inserted you will get no control via the remotes, or infrequent control/inaccurate control. Moral of the story, make sure the 1/8" connector is fully inserted at the back of the headunit. They have a tendancy to slip out, even if they feel like they're all the way in. "

3) Still deciding how to store the surfboard.  I read a few posts suggesting just strapping in on the top of the Illusion X. . . also recall some suggesting putting it in the board racks, or buying a wakesurf rack.  I haven't bought my wakesurf board yet.  Based on the other board posts I'm leaning toward Broadcast or Skimskate.  I can't seem to find trickboardz in local shops.

I've got the broadcast and it fits (barely) in my normal wakeboard racks. ANything thicker than that wouldn't fit.

Nice looking boat!

I can't seem to find trickboardz in local shops.

Buy one direct from Trickboardz.com ask for a factory blim and save a couple of bucks.

Very Nice looking boat. We just picked our Vride up this Monday and our swim platform does not sit anything like your pircture. It has a slight up angle at the back, but you can barely notice it on the water. In fact the whole bottom of the platform is touching the water at rest.

Seems wrong to me, unforortunately I don't have any answers for you. You did say it was seated on the mounts properly and the pins go through. I would look at another boat at the dealer and see if it looks the same.

Enjoy the boat! Yahoo.gif

Nice looking boat!
I can't seem to find trickboardz in local shops.

Buy one direct from Trickboardz.com ask for a factory blim and save a couple of bucks.

Give Larry a call at Trickboardz 512-647-7321

Beautiful boat by the way, but I agree the platform does look a little tipped.

The platform doesn't look right to me either. Maybe the mounts are upside down?

As for the remotes, on a multi-remote system, there are two places you need to check:

• At the headunit - though I'd rule this one out since the main remote is working.
  • At the Y connector(s) - this is where the remote line is split to allow other remotes to connect.

JZ

All the 05 VLX's I've seen have the platform at that angle. That goes for Teak and Fiberglass.

Hey Toast - What lake are those pics taken on?

Finally sombody with out red and black.

Yeah, everyone tells me my red/black boat is ugly. Bash.gif

News flash: It is possible to compliment someone without bashing someone else in the process.

---

Toast, very nice ride. It's unique, without being "strange."

As for the platform, I think it's normal. Once you get a little weight/ballast in the boat, it appears more level. I think the slight upward slope keeps it more level once weighted, and out of the water when moving slow (surfing, etc.)

Regarding wake surf boards, I have a CWB Ride, and it's thin enough to fit in the standard wakeboard racks! I do need to lengthen the bungees though.

sweet boat!! i have always wanted to see what a boat would look like in polo green. i think it would look extremely good behind a polo green denali xl...