Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gloves

67rway

Due time to pick up a new pair of ski gloves. I've had a couple of pairs of HO Talons back to back, but am being told their not being made any more(though a few stores seem to still have a few). I've particularly liked the load sharing aspect of the wrist straps, despite being a pain in the arse to put on.

Anyone find a good competitor for the Talons, or other favorites?

HO Talons Rock!! Rockon.gif

I've been looking for someone with old stock. Haven't found any yet and my last pair detonated over the winter. I'm back to wearing a pair of Hyperlite's that I'm not that crazy about. :(

I picked mine up at Galyans, last year, now that they are Dicks sporting goods, they might have some old stock.

Just someplace you might want to try or Shadetreepowersports.com might have some closeouts, or skilimited.com.

Just a thought! :unsure:

I picked mine up at Galyans, last year, now that they are Dicks sporting goods, they might have some old stock. 

Just someplace you might want to try or Shadetreepowersports.com might have some closeouts, or skilimited.com.

Just a thought! :unsure:

I just got a catalog from ShadeTree yesterday. I had never heard of them before. What do you know of them? Have you purchased from them before? How long have they been around? Their catalog looks very familiar......

Jeff/AirChair1

They were always into snowmobile stuff and then about 6 years ago give or take they started carrying watersports stuff. I have never had a problem with them.

Some prices good and some so so..

Edited by JAF1063
...Galyans... Dicks sporting goods... 

Shadetreepowersports.com...skilimited.com.

Cry.gif No Galyan's or d***'s in Nor Cal.

Cry.gif Ho is pretty good about protecting dealer territories, they don't allow their stuff to go via Internet Wh@rehouses like Shade Tree (not that there's anything wrong with that :) )To be sure, Shade Tree has some great deals just nothing HO/Hyperlite.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll keep looking. If anyone in Nor Cal comes across HO Talon's in Medium a shout-out would be much appreciated. I travel all over the northern part of the state so I can get just about anywhere. :)

i have a couple of pairs of some straightline gloves and they seem to work and hold up great. good fit in the fingers, dont stretch when wet and the wrist straps offer good support. dont try to wear your watch with them like I forget and often try to because the velcro wont go that far.

Tried the Straight Line Advantage 3M Greptile Glove last spring, and there still going strong. Normal I go through a pair a gloves in a season or less.

Edited by onamission

Would suggest a call to Wiley's in Seattle...every time I'm there, I'm amazed to see nearly every model of glove by HO, Masterline, Straightline, etc in every size hanging in the display. If HO still makes them (they're on the website), Wiley's will be able to get them for you.

I've used a pair of Masterline K-Palm Kevlar gloves for the past season and a half...fit great, still in good shape.

I was wearing Clinchers Ultimage Grip for the last few years.

This year I am wearing Straightline Advantage Glove w/3M Greptile

I was wearing Clinchers Ultimage Grip for the last few years.

This year I am wearing Straightline Advantage Glove w/3M Greptile

Same glove great fit and performs well after a year.

...Galyans... Dicks sporting goods...   

Shadetreepowersports.com...skilimited.com. 

Cry.gif No Galyan's or d***'s in Nor Cal.

Cry.gif Ho is pretty good about protecting dealer territories, they don't allow their stuff to go via Internet Wh@rehouses like Shade Tree (not that there's anything wrong with that :) )To be sure, Shade Tree has some great deals just nothing HO/Hyperlite.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll keep looking. If anyone in Nor Cal comes across HO Talon's in Medium a shout-out would be much appreciated. I travel all over the northern part of the state so I can get just about anywhere. :)

Hey Michael,

I was looking for a new shock tube and guess what I found. Shocking.gif ................. 1 pair of medium Talon's. These are the gray ones not the red and yellow kind for $34.95 a pair. Let me know if you want me to pick them up for you and bring them with me this weekend. They also had 1 small pair about 8 Larges and 1 XL pair.

1 pair of medium Talon's...for $34.95...

Shocking.gif Yes Please. Yahoo.gif You da man. :)

I don't care about color as long as they are HO Talon's with the "Wrist Lok" thingy. Biggrin.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu