Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rankin Cover Fit

ffdawg

I was part of the recent Rankin Cover Group Buy and put my new cover on the boat for the first time yesterday. The main reason I bought this cover is to use it as a towing cover, as I had a regular cover that came with the boat. I'd like some input from those of you who have a Rankin cover as to the fit. I'm wondering if my order was mixed up with someone else's, or maybe they made me a cover for a slightly different model boat. I have a direct drive Wakesetter, and I'm thinking this might be for a v-drive. The padded, reinforced seams don't line up with the top of the windscreen on the corner and sides, there is enough excess material in the middle of the cover that I think rain water will pool in the middle of it, the hooks that are supposed to grab the rub-rail are hanging slightly below it, there is a padded, reinforced seam where a v-drive ski pylon would be, and the fit is such that I would be skeptical to tow at freeway speeds with it on. Here are some pics:

BoatCover003.jpg

BoatCover002.jpg

BoatCover001.jpgBoatCover004.jpg

I sent the same pics, along with some others to Rankin. We'll see what they have to say.

That fit is wrong. Call Rankin and they'll take care of it. Wakegirl had one on her Wakesetter DD and it was a very tight fit.

I bet they sent you one for a newer VLX...

UPDATE: Just spoke with Pat over at Rankin. He also thinks maybe I got a cover for a v-drive. He's coming out to the house tomorrow to measure my boat specifically and make a new one that fits properly. Nice service.

UPDATE: Just spoke with Pat over at Rankin. He also thinks maybe I got a cover for a v-drive. He's coming out to the house tomorrow to measure my boat specifically and make a new one that fits properly. Nice service.

that is great service Biggrin.gif