Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New skins from Tenn,

smooth as glass

Got new skins for the captains chair, the trunck and the wrap around backrest. Hesitantly decided to install myself as the pros were six weeks backed up. After a tentatve start I'm very pleased with results. For those who may be considering it, go for it. Electric staple gun, thin screw driver sharpened to pry out the zillion staples and very thin plastic (dry cleaner type) put over the foam to allow stretching is all you need. A friend makes this easier. Well lots of patience and lots of new staples too. Jorge and Keri at Malibu fixed me up and the new ones fit perfectly. Yahoo.gif Mike

Got new skins for the captains chair, the trunck and the wrap around backrest. Hesitantly decided to install myself as the pros were six weeks backed up. After a tentatve start I'm very pleased with results. For those who may be considering it, go for it. Electric staple gun, thin screw driver sharpened to pry out the zillion staples and very thin plastic (dry cleaner type) put over the foam to allow stretching is all you need. A friend makes this easier. Well lots of patience and lots of new staples too. Jorge and Keri at Malibu fixed me up and the new ones fit perfectly. Yahoo.gif Mike

I'm curious...how much did you pay for the trunk skin? I need to replace mine. Also, did you buy thru your local dealer or is there a way to go direct to Malibu?

Lots of stainless, however someone mentioned Monel which I gather is a nickel staineless alloy. Any one have more info on that? The trunk, captains chair and wrapround was close to 600 didnt have a breakdown.