Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Pro Upgrade

jjackkrash

I am looking at a used Rlxi with perfect pass wakeboard pro. Does anyone know how much or how difficult it would be to upgrade to perfect pass pro for the slalom course? Is this just a software issue, or do you need to swap out hardware as well.

Thanks,

Jack

Not sure I can do that. The boat is 8 hours away, and sales person said it was a "wakeboard pro" set up, which, based on the perfect pass site, is a different animal. I want "precision pro, verson 6.5n with magnets" from what I have read. Maybe I am wrong, but my last boat didn't have speed control. If I can't swap it out without paying full price, I want to use this as a bargaining tool. I am buying the boat for three event capabilities.

Thanks,

Jack

If it is in fact Wakeboard Pro, then all you need to do is the system reset that onamission mentioned, choose "Slalom" and it will "become" Digital Pro. You'll then need to buy one or, better yet, two timing sensors from a place like Skier-to-Skier to get times in the course using magnets.

In other words, the ONLY difference between Wakeboard Pro and Digital Pro when you buy it is that Digital Pro comes with the timing sensors. The software that ships with both is EXACTLY the same. It's just a matter of "enabling" the Wakeboard Pro or Digital Pro portion of it when the system boots up for the first time or after doing a system reset.

I'm not sure where you're getting the "Precision Pro" name from. From what you are saying you want Digital Pro.

Mike

Edited by mlange

I switched my WB Pro (master reset) to the digital pro for a greater degree to fine tune the slalom pull in my course that is WITHOUT magnets. Digital Pro allows the user to input not only the crew weight but the skiers weight as well.

WB Pro doesn't allow for either in it's "simple slalom" mode.

Press and hold On/Off and Menu at the same time for the system reset. If it's version 6.5ng, you'll eventually get a question that says "/\ Wakeboard Pro" and you'll push \/. That should put it in Digital Pro mode.

If you have an older version of PP and want the newest software and the multiline display, it will run you about $290 and take an hour to install. I did mine a couple weeks ago.

I switched my WB Pro (master reset) to the digital pro for a greater degree to fine tune the slalom pull in my course that is WITHOUT magnets. Digital Pro allows the user to input not only the crew weight but the skiers weight as well.

WB Pro doesn't allow for either in it's "simple slalom" mode.

Edited by Jimmy Buffett