Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Marine

jjackkrash

I am looking at a boat on consignment in New Orleans. Biggrin.gif Malibu Marine (Metairie La). Anyone had any dealings with them? The person I am dealing with seems really nice, but I am looking long distance and I don't want to get down there and discover its not the deal I thought it was or run into any unexpected hassles. Any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

I did not purchase my boat from them as I bought in used in Dallas, but shortly thereafter I had a major accident with no Malibu dealership in Mississippi, so I started calling TN, AL, and LA. I wish I could remember the lady I dealt with at Malibu Marine, but I reached her late on a Saturday afternoon after closing on her cell phone. Her name escapes me, but they did a good job coordinating my repairs, given I didn't buy from them. This was four years ago, so it may not be under the same ownership. At that time, they had a relatively small corner of Bent Marine on Airline Dr. in Metairie. They had to farm out the mechanical repairs to one shop and the fiberglass/gelcoat to another, but it was very satisfactory and she made a long distance situation very tolerable for me.

Tell me who you're talking to, but I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them based on my limited experience. (maybe Debbie Hogan was her name??)

P.S. Where are you located?

Edited by HRemington

Cool. This is a big purchase for me and my family. I have been looking for the right boat for 8 months. My wife finally consented, based on my representation that I had done my home work and we were getting a good deal. If i am wrong, I will have hell to pay. It doesn't have to be a perfect purchase, but a bad purchase would do me in for the next ten years. I have less pressure at work. Thumbup.gif

Edited by jjackkrash
but a bad purchase would do me in for the next ten years. I have less pressure at work. Thumbup.gif

Hank is definitely your man on this one. He once did laundry in his HDS and the wife was less than impressed (though we all were). Then there was the time he boiled a Lava Lamp® on the stove. . .

Poor towel babe.

Tease.gif

I live in the area and have two friends that have bought (new) from Malibu Marine over the last few years. They are a small dealership and Debbie Hogan is actually one of the owners. She pretty much runs the dealership herself. I was looking at boats a few years ago and spoke with her a few times. Always seemed to talk straight.

Edited by BrianM
Thanks for the input. I'm getting a good vibe, and this is reassuring. Thanks,

Jack

By the way if you would like me to go by and take a look at the boat for you and take any additional pictures and give you my opinion on it let me know. i would be glad to take a run by there and give you my thoughts. That is if you trust a Mastercraft owner Crazy.gif

Thanks for the input. I'm getting a good vibe, and this is reassuring. Thanks,

Jack

By the way if you would like me to go by and take a look at the boat for you and take any additional pictures and give you my opinion on it let me know. i would be glad to take a run by there and give you my thoughts. That is if you trust a Mastercraft owner Crazy.gif

Thanks, I sent you a p.m. My brother-in-law and several of my best friends own MC's, so I won't hold that against you. ;)

Oh, sorry, I am just outside of Dallas.

...which begs the question, since you are right in the backyard of one of the great Malibu dealerships in the country, have you checked with Waterski America? I found my boat on dallasboats4sale.com but it originally was purchased at Waterski America, and they provided some excellent phone support for me when I had questions, sent me a MDC board at cost, and walked my repair guy through installation over the phone, even though I never bought a boat from them, all because they hoped I might in the future. All things equal, which they never are, I'd buy from WSA if I lived around Dallas.

Oh, sorry, I am just outside of Dallas.

...which begs the question, since you are right in the backyard of one of the great Malibu dealerships in the country, have you checked with Waterski America? I found my boat on dallasboats4sale.com but it originally was purchased at Waterski America, and they provided some excellent phone support for me when I had questions, sent me a MDC board at cost, and walked my repair guy through installation over the phone, even though I never bought a boat from them, all because they hoped I might in the future. All things equal, which they never are, I'd buy from WSA if I lived around Dallas.

I would do business with WSA in a second if they had the boat I wanted at a price I could afford. I have been in there several times and they have been great, went to the boat show on the water and drove the 07 RLxi and VTX, and loved them both (except there just isn't a substitute for a DD), the new boats are just more money than I have in my budget. Also, they occassionaly have a ski club boat for sale, but these have a few more hours on them than I want. Finally, I check their websight almost daily to see if any (new) used boats have come in in my price range with the features I want. In short, I would love to buy from them but they just haven't had a boat in stock that fits my needs and my budget. Actually, Buxton (the local nauti dealer) had an 05 Rlxi come in other day on trade that was just about perfect and pretty close to my price range, but it had a "deal pending" tab on it before I could blink an eye. And I don't mind driving (taking a mini vacation) to find the right deal for me.