Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Delivery advice

1stime'bu

First time poster, though I've been a lurker on the site since purchasing a too-good-to-let-go 2006 23LSV in February. Thanks to all as the site has been a great source of info as I anticipate my newest family member! I have had 25 years of experience with many I/O's and finally moved to a true towboat! Taking delivery Saturday Thumbup.gif and as I have no previous experience with inboards, I'm looking for advice on anything to look for or request from the dealer about the boat and its options (?known issues).

The boat: 2006 23LSV with 30 hours. As both me and the boat are in the Northeast, I have not run it or seen it other than disassembled and winterized in shrinkwrap. All warranties still valid and transferred. No prior mechanical/cosmetic work or visible int/ext defects. All prior service at the selling dealer. Options: 383 Hammerhead, Illusion X tower, power wedge, bow/mid/rear Launch System with ballast monitoring, heated driver's seat, hot water shower, three outlet heater, Silent tip exhaust, Precision Pro, depth/temp, halogen docking lights, tower lights, Sony 10 disc/MP3/XM with 2 remotes, Kicker 1000W amp/10in sub/6 speakers, bimini, board racks, ski rack, docking cover, etc. Obviously the options and the one year old discount made it too good to pass up. I will try to attach a couple pics for color scheme.

The boat will be in the water for delivery prior to a several hour ride home on the trailer. Any advice on the boat or the options is appreciated as I would rather have identifiable or known issues be addressed at the dealer while still in the off-season. Thanks to all in advance. Can't wait for my virgin 'Bu experience and many more years of fun! Yahoo.gif

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jasonlamb/albu...8804350552691/3

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jasonlamb/albu...8804350566621/0

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jasonlamb/albu...8804350585134/2

Edited by 1stime'bu

WELCOME! Well, you've got almost everything so it would be pretty hard to break down all the 'what to knows' in brief statements. I think the best thing is to go out with your dealer and work everything over and hopefully they will have good experience to show you how to work everything and learn the attitude of the boat when driving, docking, loading, and trailering because it will all be a new experience coming from the I/O.

Good Luck and we'll look forward to the pics, experiences, and questions to come.

Hey there, congratulations on your Bu!!! (I think) there is a delivery checklist out here somewhere, that one of the members developed a while back. You might check that out. Maybe someone can post the link??? Dontknow.gif Don't know where it is...but I remember seeing a couple years back.

If you are going for a test ride, ask for advice on backing up. It is a new experience with inboards. Also ask about how deep to put your trailer in the water when launching and retreiveing since the trailers are ride on and off. Have fun!

Hey, where in the NE are you? I'm in NE MA.

Yes, do tell location. There are several of us in NW NJ always looking for someone else in the Malibu adiction phase of life.

Hey, where in the NE are you? I'm in NE MA.

Please do tell.

jtrovato, where are you, we live in Chelmsford Mass, but generally ride in Sebago Lake in Maine. Always looking for more folks to enjoys the boats with.

I'm in Lowell, MA. We keep the boat on the Merrimack River in Methuen all summer long. Definitely should meet up to do some wakeboarding sometime, it's a great stretch of water for boarding. I go out after work all the time and on the weekends. Do you keep the boat up at Sebago Lake? Last time I was up there camping a couple summers ago, I brought my old boat up there and couldn't find anyplace to board, it was too choppy.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new BU!!! I'm in Wrentham MA...a few miles down the street from the Pats!!! One of these days a WOW needs to occur up our way!!!

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new BU!!! I'm in Wrentham MA...a few miles down the street from the Pats!!! One of these days a WOW needs to occur up our way!!!

Yes, yes it does!!!

I am picking my 07 lsv up this weekend as well. I have a lot of friends up in New England that I visit from time to time. Didn't realize there was that many of you guys up there. I am going to a wedding on Lake winnepesakee, NH in August and was thinking about trailering the boat up from Maryland so the guys in the wedding party can chill out the day before the wedding. Do any of you guys ride up there that much?

Thanks for all the advice and warmth. As mentioned, I am actually most nervous about the backing as I hear it is much different than I/O's. Any advice appreciated.

I am actually in Pittsburgh but I am in Nantucket 2 to 3 weeks each summer. Don't think I will subject the new 'Bu to a ten hour trailer ride, the saltwater, and the tidal flats--she wouldn't respect me anymore!!

Any others in the PA/OH/WV/westernNY area. Would love to arrange a GTG if any interest.

Thanks again. --J

Water Boy,

I have a really good friend that has a house on Winnipesauke on an island just outside of Wolfeboro. I go up there a lot in the summer, but don't really board that much while I'm there. Over on his part of the lake, there aren't many places that don't get too much chop after about 8am and I'm usually too hung over to get up and board at that time of the morning when I'm up there. That's the problem with that lake, there are so many boats that you can't find any calm water anywhere on the weekends. The middle of the week I'm sure you can, but good luck on a weekend.

• 2 weeks later...