Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Speed Control

dalt1

What an interesting thread..

I don't think the issue was that the dealer was backed up, and that the next appointment was 2 weeks.. It was that the dealer told dalt1 that he wasn't important because he didn't buy his boat from him.

I think Stewart's point is that after the initial sale is made, it is service, and other equipment that keeps the dealerships running. Why would a dealer push away someone becuase he didn't buy the boat from him? There is a lot of resale boats out there - and seems like the guy would like to make everyone with a boat feel special.

The point isn't that the dealer can't take extra special care of the folks he sold boats too.. that is cool -but to tell someone they don't matter because they didn't buy a boat from him is just throwing away business.

Stewart it is not like he was on a trip from another state and stopped in with a problem. It is obvious that with nearly 5400 post that you will agrue until the end so I am done.

Mr-4 fun - dude, don't bust Stewarts balls becuase he has a high post count.. that just means he has been contributing to the board.

Everyone can voice their own opinion.. and we won't bust on you, because you're new.. even if you are wrong Whistling.gif

(scarcasim intended) :lol:

From experience here in Reno there is one service center here that does about 10 different brands of boats (Malibu, Mastercraft, Centurion, etc, etc ,etc) We are three weeks from Memorial day everyone wants there boat unwinterized, and ready for the season. Then you add in all the new boats purchased from the boat show a month or two ago. It adds up quick. If you didn't have an appointment that you set up back in Dec or Jan forget it they will see you in July. There is only so much that can be done with a limited staff on hand. In my eyes your problem is minor and is not stopping you from enjoying your boat so be thankful that you can at least go use your boat. The dealer will get to you make an appointment and wait.

Sac, you can bust my balls, I can handle it. Like everyone else I was just voicing my opinion. The dealer in question is a really good dealer and takes very good care of his customers. When I saw the original post I went by and talked to him because I have never had a problem. He had 16 boats to be serviced and 8 new ones to deliver. He only wanted the guy to schedule an appointment. It was a small problem and for him to not understand and not trust the dealer I felt was unjust. The last time I talked to the dealer he was fixing dalt's boat next week. All is good, I have dealt with the public a lot and the ones who expect their problems to be addressed before everyone else just drive me crazy. Thumbup.gif

Appointment set for Tuesday. I never meant for this to be a dealer slam topic that it turned in to. Looks like it will all work out OK. Now let's get out and ride.

Appointment set for Tuesday. I never meant for this to be a dealer slam topic that it turned in to. Looks like it will all work out OK. Now let's get out and ride.

Glad it all worked out. Have a good time on the water!