Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tsunami pumps

Chia

I don't have any experience with these pumps but I do know the fitting on the pro x sacs is 3/4 inch.

While the fitting on the 1200gph is 1 1/8" it it ultimately reduced to the 3/4" at the sac.

The 800gph is already 3/4 inch and does not have to be reduced.

If they are the same pump with different inlet/outlet sizes, it would seem to me that the 800 would fill a sac with a 3/4" inlet in the same time as a 1200.

BICBW

Does anyone have any experience with these pumps that could enlighten me?

thanks

I have 2 tsunami 800gph pumps splitting the water coming in from a 3/4" intake. To fill both my 540lb sacks it took about 7-8 minutes. When I would fill those same sacks (one at a time) with my 1200gph pump (thrown over the side of the boat) it would still take 5-6 minutes...not sure if that helps you any, but just something I noticed.

Even though the opening/discharge is the same size in regards to the two pumps, you have to look at it more in regards to pressure since the 1200 will generate more pressure at the tip thereby increasing water output.

According to some of the reviews on wakeside, people are having trouble finding the 1" 1/8 fitting as it is not a standard size. You may want to keep this in mind when weighing your options.

Even though the opening/discharge is the same size in regards to the two pumps, you have to look at it more in regards to pressure since the 1200 will generate more pressure at the tip thereby increasing water output.

the opening/discharge are different 1 1/8" and 3/4". both fill a sac with a 3/4" inlet. I think the the pump motors are the same and just the opening/discharge sizes are different. BICBW

From jetskipro550's experience, it would seem the 800gph is the way to go as it is less hassle with reducing fittings and there is not much difference in fill times. :) thanks for that info btw.

Does anyone have any experience with these pumps that could enlighten me?

There is a noticeable difference between the 800 and 1200 gph pumps ask tgaugh, here is the proof

Thumbup.gif

I just put in an order for a 800 {had to use up my wakeside rewards points they expire soon}....

Edited by Steck
I just put in an order for a 800 {had to use up my wakeside rewards points they expire soon}....

i know i just used my points on a new vest. i personaly do not like the fact that they are getting rid of the points, but they do have some new good deals for other things :)

I changed from the stock 700gph to 1100gph.

Both are Rule brand.

There is plenty of difference.

I had no problem finding 1" i.d. hose (thats 1 1/8" o.d.) at home stores.

Plenty of fittings for same at home stores.

I was filling 440s but now have upgraded to 750s.

All are plumbed in and it takes less time to fill the 750s with the 1100gph than it did to fill the 440s with 700gph pumps.

I changed the ski locker to 1100gph also and put a splitter and valves on it so I can fill the ski locker sac and attach a hose to fill other sacs in the boat - eliminating the need for a pump to throw over the side - clean and simple.

ok, the tsunami 1200gph is the way to go but I have not been able to find any 1 1/8" thru hull fittings though.

Are the tsunami 1200gph pumps 1 1/8 thread size or id? If the thread size is 1 1/4" this project would become a lot easier.

the tsunami 1200gph for $29.95 including shipping is a great deal at wakeside.