Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swing racks

king_kong

i need 4 swing in racks for my boat and i dont know what to go with. i want somthing that will pretty much swing all the way into the boat if possible. any ideas?

It's not your money - have dad buy the most expensive swing racks he can afford!

i dont know what your talking about but im 43

ughh - help me out ZZButler, didn't you just get 4 Titan Swings on your new ride?

(could be mistaken, if this was poker I'd be all in ZZButler has 4 coming)

I have two coming.

We spoke with a guy we met on the river this weekend at the spring fling and he had them. He said he really liked them but to be careful because if you are swinging them into the boat and you "miss" the lock position, they will swing right into his speakers.

I looked at them again on a boat today at the dealer and they would catch the lock every time they swung in. If you push the pin in, they would swing further.

They look really solid. I will let you know when I have real experience with them.

I really liked the Metcraft non-swivel on my last boat. However, I would not have the Metcraft swivel setup.

ive already checked with titain and u cant run 4 of there swing racks together

I have 4 titan spinners, 3 wake and 1 surf, and they work great together. Titan makes the lower racks with less of an angle on the forks so they all work together. Not sure who you talked to at Titan. I got mine through my dealer, no problem. I was on the phone with him and Titan when he placed the order. I guess I should mention these are on the illusion tower in case you have something else.

I was thinking on would run the Titans on the top and Metcraft surf racks on the bottom. I already have one Metcraft surf rack and one Metcraft ski rack. I might sell the ski rack.

Kong,

Can't comment on the racks, but really good work on the dock and boat house. Looks sweet. Does the channel the dock sits on feed into a lake?

2nd the Nice Rack slingshots. Nice Rack also has a special bracket that drops the second boardrack down a bit lower to solve any clearance problems. I got a chance to play with em down in Cali and will be ordering up a pair ASAP...

2nd the Nice Rack slingshots. Nice Rack also has a special bracket that drops the second boardrack down a bit lower to solve any clearance problems. I got a chance to play with em down in Cali and will be ordering up a pair ASAP...

We just got our Nice Racks...love them...so I give you a 3rd!!! Thumbup.gif

Kong,

Can't comment on the racks, but really good work on the dock and boat house. Looks sweet. Does the channel the dock sits on feed into a lake?

Thumbup.gif

Might want to search this topic a little. I found several ideas by doing the same.

For me, I took back the Metcraft swivels for permanent mounts, but those were 06 models. not sure new versions.

does any one know how wide a Bu is with the Nice Rack Slingshots?

The ski racks are 9" on the bottom holes off the tower

The wakeboard racks are 13.5" on the bottom holes off the tower

it just fits on our BAY

l_c20fd198da9aca889a8460485fbb4de8.jpg

Edited by zilla

I have 2 Titan Spinners and they work great..... I had a problem with the height though.... My garage door is only 7' and with the Illusion tower down, the ball barely clears the door jamb.... I checked it out before I bought the boat (but the one that the dealer brought over did not have any racks mounted), and then when I got mine.... The racks stick up higher than the ball!!!! :( they were mounted on the upper mount, so I had to take the speaker out of the can to get to the bolt.... I now am running them on the lower mount and have not had a problem... I just have to remove them to get the boat in the garage... A little hassle, but it is really only 1 bolt per side... Overall though, I would say that the Titan racks are very nice and I have not had a problem with them not catching when swinging them in.... I can not really say if they would work with 2 per side though.....

So here is my update on the Titan spinners: I don't like them. Way too much movement when you put the boards in them. Everything shakes around so much that they dont look safe. Even if they are, I am concerned that I will get used to everythign shaking so much that it won't catch my attention if something really is wrong.

So, I am looking for either another swivel style or lift-off. I really like the solid Metcrafts we had on the last boat but I don't think they work well on the swivel brakets.

One of the guys at the dealer has Titan lift-off on his and he likes them. At this point, that is probably what I will go with unless I can find something better really fast.

Edited by zzbutler
So here is my update on the Titan spinners: I don't like them. Way too much movement when you put the boards in them. Everything shakes around so much that they dont look safe. Even if they are, I am concerned that I will get used to everythign shaking so much that it won't catch my attention if something really is wrong.

So, I am looking for either another swivel style or lift-off. I really like the solid Metcrafts we had on the last boat but I don't think they work well on the swivel brakets.

One of the guys at the dealer has Titan lift-off on his and he likes them. At this point, that is probably what I will go with unless I can find something better really fast.

Where are they loose? Where they attach to tower? or on the rack itself?

There is play in the swivel ball itself and where it mounts to the main plate. Also, because it is offset, there is some flex in there too.