Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PP Pro vs Wakeboard Pro

martho

What is the difference?

It looks like you can still have 3200 RPM's = 32mph in the setup.

I have a buddy who is looking to put PP in a 2004 RLXi exclusively for slalom in the course. He was told by a dealer WB Pro and PP Pro are identical?????????

Edited by martho
What is the difference?

I have a buddy who is looking to put PP in a 2004 RLXi exclusively for slalom. He was told by a dealer WB Pro and PP Pro are identical?????????

Is your friend wanting to use the magnets for a slalom course? If so, go with PP Pro? In some ways, they are identical, but if you're using it on a course often, there is added functionality. We're running PP Pro 6.5N on and off the course, boarding, etc., and are very happy with it.

What is the difference?

I have a buddy who is looking to put PP in a 2004 RLXi exclusively for slalom. He was told by a dealer WB Pro and PP Pro are identical?????????

When I bought my boat the dealer said the ONLY Difference was price and the magnetic sensor for the slalom course. I only paid and extra $50 and had seen that the magnetic pickup cost $150 after the fact. Since I have a few friends who are slalom course skiers, I decided for $50 I'd get it. Still haven't set it up a year later though.....

Jeff/AirChair1

They are EXACTLY the same unit and software. The only difference is the Digital Pro comes with the magnet sensors and the user manual says "Digital Pro" That's IT!!!

You can order the Digital Pro without the magnet sensors and it is exactly the same price as the Wakeboard Pro. You can add the magnet sensors any time you like later.

Edited by summerfun

If he's just using it in the course, no trick or wakeboard, may as well just get PP Plus. It's a few hundred less and is the EXACT thing as PP Pro without the paddlewheel. I believe it still can use magnets/switch. It has the same dash unit and everything. I think it's ~900.00

Edited by M3Fan

As already stated, they are the same except for the sensor. When you turn it on for the first time PP will ask a series of questions. One of them is whether or not it is being used for Wakeboarding only. If you answer "yes", it will run as Wakeboard Pro. Otherwise, it will run as Digital Pro.

Regarding PP Plus, I thought it was the same, but also heard that you can't get the Quick List functionality that 6.5N provides. Anyone have the definitive answer on that one? I think the Quick List stuff is worth the extra money it would cost to upgrade to WB or Digital Pro.

Mike

i have PP Plus, and you can NOT use the quicklist. I think it has something to do with the paddlewheel, BICBW.

Other than that, everything is the same between Plus and Pro. You can use the switch, display and electronic timers.