Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

dash

i have a 1995 sunsetter and the panel that holds all the gauges barely stays in the dash. there are little push clips on the back of the panel but the only thing that they have them going thru is the vinyl that covers the dash. has anyone had this problem and is there a easy fix.

Edited by joey_durgin
Isn't there a screw in the upper part of the panel? Or perhaps it's missing. Not really sure on that year boat, but take a look.

no there arent any screws that hold it in or that are missing

I had this ploblem also. there should be little round shaped nuts that fit in the tabs formed into the dash. If you cannot find the nuts they probibly fell off. Do a search on this topic, I read once that someone used drywall ancors. My problem was that the nuts pulled away from the molded tabs. I ended up getting some good two stage epoxy from fleet farm and gooped the holes up good. I just didnt put to much torque on the bolts through fear that the epoxy would give way, dont go past snugging the bolts up. Everythig worked good and it seems to hold great.