Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to get a cover for fiberglass swimstep

jpk

I've asked my dealer and they can't seem to get one from Malibu nor can they have their custom cover manufacturer make one. I also asked the guy at SpeakerSox. He said he could make one for me custom, but I'd need to give him a template for the swimstep since he doesn't have a Malibu swim step pattern.

Anyone know a place to get a ready made swim step cover? Mine sits out in the elements all year and is starting to look beat up compared to the rest of the boat.

I went to local fabric shop to buy 2yrds. of water resistant blk. material plus elastic cordage. Went home and laid the swim platform on it and cut around it 6 in. out from the perimiter and sewed the edges. After ,ran the elastic cordage through it. Took me around an hour to do and cost me less than $6.00

I went to local fabric shop to buy 2yrds. of water resistant blk. material plus elastic cordage. Went home and laid the swim platform on it and cut around it 6 in. out from the perimiter and sewed the edges. After ,ran the elastic cordage through it. Took me around an hour to do and cost me less than $6.00

I'm not that crafty at all. I can't even wrap a present with wrapping paper, so wrapping something with fabric and sewing it are out of the question. I gave ScreaminSacs a call and it looks like they can help me out.

• 1 month later...

I went with ScreaminSacs. I just sent them the dimensions of the swimstep and they sent me a cover that fits perfectly in less than a week. It fits over the top of the swim step like a hair net and is held sung on the underside by and elastic cord that is run through the hem. Think of a giant form fitting hair net for your swim step. It has three buckles that strap across the underside as extra tie downs for when you trailer.

I should have bought one of these last year when I first got the boat. The gelcoat on my swim step might still match my hull. As it is, the swim step has a years worth of sun exposure and oxidation. And would have saved any of the black rubber on the top from breaking down due to UV. Oh well, definitely better late than never.

Can I ask how much you paid for the cover? I'm thinking of doing the same right out the gate. I do have a wife or mother in law that could sew it up, but if it's relatively cheap, I may just order it.

Shawn

$70 bucks. Totally worth it for me given that there is no way I'd be able to pay anyone less to make a fitted cover and stitch in the elastic cord and the buckles.

Cool! One last question. Is the swim step the same dimensions on the 2006 as it is on the 2007? I have the power wedge if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Shawn

I've asked my dealer and they can't seem to get one from Malibu nor can they have their custom cover manufacturer make one. I also asked the guy at SpeakerSox. He said he could make one for me custom, but I'd need to give him a template for the swimstep since he doesn't have a Malibu swim step pattern.

Anyone know a place to get a ready made swim step cover? Mine sits out in the elements all year and is starting to look beat up compared to the rest of the boat.

Hi: There is a guy in N. Ca. with a business named www.ProMedkits.com He is a friend of mine and was able to make a slick canvas cover for my Malibu swim step. Google his website and ask if he would be willing to do the same. High quality work. Good luck.