Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reset wakeboard pro

TLo

I only slalom ski but bought the wakeboard pro because I don't have magnets. What do you gain by resetting wakeboard pro to Digital pro mode? Does it make any difference?

I only slalom ski but bought the wakeboard pro because I don't have magnets. What do you gain by resetting wakeboard pro to Digital pro mode? Does it make any difference?

if you don't use magnet timing, they are identical

You absolutely sure? I don't have the manual in front of me and I'm too lazy to download the manual and look at it, but I'm pretty darn sure that you can't switch into Tourament mode unless you're booted up to Digital Pro.

Mike

Does tournament mode rely on the smart timer / magnets? I've never seen anyone use a hand timer for anything other than setting up the system.

When I bought the system for my previous boat, Randy at PP told me the only difference between the two was that the WB pro was the smart timer. Maybe he's incorrect?

Ok, I took a quick look at the manuals for 6.5n and it looks like you need to be running Digital Pro to get access to KX, PX and Tournament mode.

The 6.5ng manuals look like they no longer have the concept of a Tournament mode when running Digital Pro.

I can only knowledgable speak to Digital Pro 6.5n, which I'm running, and the manuals could be written better, so I could be missing something.

Mike

Does tournament mode rely on the smart timer / magnets? I've never seen anyone use a hand timer for anything other than setting up the system.

When I bought the system for my previous boat, Randy at PP told me the only difference between the two was that the WB pro was the smart timer. Maybe he's incorrect?

Nope. Tournament mode does not rely on the smart timer.

From the 6.5n Digital Pro manual:

There is now a Tournament mode which must be used in R level tournaments. It can be accessed when in Slalom mode by

pressing the UP & DOWN keys together. The main difference in Tournament mode is that RPM adjustments between

passes are made via RPM fine adjust on the main screen, versus changing the skier weight. This allows the system to hold

the skier’s weight as a static value which should give a more consistent pull as PX, G% and SSB are affected by the

skier’s weight. The pull is unchanged from Slalom RPM mode.

This makes sense if you think about it. If you weigh 190 lbs. and are running with PX=10 and your first pass is slow and requires adding 10 rpms, you want it to add it to the RPM's so that your PX value adds 19 rpms when the switch is engaged rather than adding it to your weight, which would add 20 rpms when the switch is engaged. Same goes for the other parameters that are keyed off of your weight.

Mike

Edited by mlange