Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No longer a 'Wanna-be'

wienrdog

Well, after many years of being first a wanna-be, then a gonna-be, I'm finally a Malibu owner!! Yahoo.gif A new to me '01 Sunsetter LXi with Monsoon, Wedge & Titan II will be my tow boat for the forseeable future.

Pics will be added to my gallery once it gets it's tower added in the next few weeks.

Special :thankyou: to Madmanacrossthewater for his excellent service & patience during the buying process, to 89SN2001 for the contact & GalaxyToad for acting as a remote set of eye-balls.

Now to find a buyer for my '96 Bryant ....

Congratulations! I'm sure that you'll love the boat!

It's very cool that you had the collaboration of other Crew members. Thumbup.gif (Although not surprising since helping other members spend money is one of the things this board does best.) :lol:

Glad to hear it, love to hear the stories of the new purchase...I remember the day and loved looking in the rear view mirror taking my new baby home. Hope you have many hours of boating pleasure this summer!!!!!!

OK guys - I was going to wait until I got the tower (polished Titan II) and bimini (grey with blue stripe), but here's a few pics for those who just can't wait.

April22006.jpg

April22009.jpg

April22007.jpg

April22011.jpg

Very nice. That is the same interior as my boat. Ext is similar. Same colors just with the blue and grey reversed. You will love that boat!!!! Congrats!!!

The interior is in fantastic shape. There are a few marks here and there, but you have to expect that for a boat that was used about 80 hours a season. The exterior and some of the mechanicals were cleaned up/replaced by the guys at Morse Lake/Harmon Boats.

I have a little more restoration of the shine on the lower areas of the boat to do when I get it home, but am really pleased with it.

I was very dissapointed to find out that Weinrdog was not really a dog...but a human. I was looking forward to my first canine sale. It's always nice to put a face with the name, especially when there is a checkbook involved ;) .

Congrats Reed!

Looks really nice. I like the blue too !

I just got a 'bu too this spring, using good advice and info I got on this site. Just had it out in the water at Caesar's Creek last Sunday for the first time. Ran great, looks great, really felt good, until I had to try and drive it up on the trailer... sure not as maneuverable as an I/O when going slow. (Don't even bother to try and turn when backing up).

I sold my '97 Rinker last Aug in 2 weeks for NADA retail, and got several more serious calls after it was gone. There is a good demand for "entry" runabouts around here (and in Columbus). Once the weather actually stays warm, the buyers will start looking.

LSV4Kids - I think we've met. Is yours the Black/Blue 23 LSV at Caesars Creek Storage? If so, my current boat is the Bryant stored behind & port of yours.

I just got a 'bu too this spring, using good advice and info I got on this site. Just had it out in the water at Caesar's Creek last Sunday for the first time. Ran great, looks great, really felt good, until I had to try and drive it up on the trailer... sure not as maneuverable as an I/O when going slow. (Don't even bother to try and turn when backing up).

I sold my '97 Rinker last Aug in 2 weeks for NADA retail, and got several more serious calls after it was gone. There is a good demand for "entry" runabouts around here (and in Columbus). Once the weather actually stays warm, the buyers will start looking.

There are several threads around here about the finesse required to move inboards both forward and reverse in slo-mo.

For reverse, just know that it will only back to the right. Period. If you factor that in to docking/unloading plans and don't forget about our buddies Mr. Wind Direction and Ms. Current, you should do fine. Eventually.

Also, in both directions the application of short bursts of power with the rudder in a known position is far superior to keeping it in gear in ramming speed. If you forget exactly where the rudder is postioned, spin your wheel lock to lock, count the revs and divide by 2 to find "center". After a while, no problem. First couple of times out, Holy Shoot!

No, we haven't met yet...

I had my boat in a barn at Mason Boat Storage for the past 6 weeks, and now it's in my driveway for the next month before I take it down to Norris for the summer.

We may get a chance to take it out again this Sun late afternoon. Look for us if you're out (Illusion X tower, no tribal graphics)

How's the water at Caesar's? Due to work commitments, I haven't gotten the boat out yet. What was the water temp and was there much wood in the lake?