Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New VLX

larrys

Boat looks good, how come you didn't order one this time?

Thanks! I got my LSV up for sale later than I should and didn't want to wait on a new one. My dealer had this one sitting on the lot. Thought it would be a good chance to try out a VLX. And, since I didn't order, I was not able to upgrade from the Monsoon. Maybe I won't burn so much fuel this season!

Why did you switch from the LSV to the VLX?

I didn't like the LSV my dealer had on the lot. The VLX was the only one I liked. I have had 3 LSVs (2003, 2004, 2006). Almost went with a VLX last year, but my wife wanted the extra space. So this time, since we were not going to order, I chose the VLX the dealer had in stock. We usually only boat with 4-6 and a dog. I do miss the extra space!

• 3 months later...

Sold the boat Cry.gif New owner takes delivery on Sunday. New boat spray date Aug 10 Clap.gif

The weekend following the 4th I had a Nautique owner chase me down. I thought he was going to get on to me about my stereo or wake??? No, he stoped to tell me that my boat was the best looking boat he had ever seen. :blush: Propts to Malibu for build such great looking boats!

Later the same day I was hanging with a friend of mine who has a 30ft Phantom offshore race boat. Looks pretty cool... Another boat approached us yelling "what a great looking boat". My friend said thanks. The guy said "I meant the Malibu, but yours looks nice too". My wife said it would be forsale at the end of the season. He took my number. Less than 2 weeks later I get a call. We took the couple out for the day last Sunday. They loved the boat and didn't want to wait until the end of the season. We worked a deal and she's gone to a fine new home!!!

Now I'm boatless for 4 weeks Innocent.gif . Not really... I'll get to ride with the new owners for a few Sundays. Catch a ride with Goochy Thumbup.gif . Got a buddy with a new X-Start taking delivery on the 10th. And, take out the dealers '07 VTX a couple times (that should be interesting).

Anyway, looking forward to my new boat again.

Ummm didn't you just buy a VLX? and now you just sold it Dontknow.gif Does that make any sense?

What does sense have to do with it Innocent.gif

Actually, I had an '06 LSV (Black/Pink). I sold it in the spring and was able to get the VLX quickly. My plan was to use it for the summer and get an '08 LSV. I have not seen the new LSV in person yet, but so far I'm not impressed. It may grow on me, but I couldn't pull the trigger without getting my eyes and hands on one. So, I decided to stay with something I know. And, after having the VLX for a few months, I love it!!! Really learned that I didn't "need" the extra space of the LSV. Doesn't hurt to have it though...